User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Gympie shoot/meet up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gympie shoot/meet up

Hi All - I would be visiting Gympie during the Easter break staying at Gympie Golf Retreat (15 Shields Street Gympie) from the 6th to 8th of April. Wondering if there’s any good spot to shoot landscape. Think it's 40 min from Noosa so could be there for a sunrise shoot but anywhere in Gympie would be ideal.

Happy to organise a early morning photo shoot meet up as well if there's any good place that people might know of. Also is this place any good for star trails?
    Cheers DJ

I am a keen learner and always seeking improvement tips from others

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...
    I don't live in Gympie but go there for a drive occasionally. If you don't know the area at all, you could drive west from Gympie towards Kandanga. There's some good scenery out there and with all the recent rain should be green. I was in Gympie recently to attend a night time Rodeo. You could also go east from Gympie towards a place called Wolvi or further to Tin Can Bay or Rainbow Beach on the coast. Gympie is very hilly so there are rolling hills and valleys in the countryside quite near. Gympie is a bit bright at night so you would probably need to get out of the city. I use my car navigator and a local map to get around on some uncommon roads and to find my way back.
    Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by flashc; 01-04-2012 at 2:23am. Reason: Addition