User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: I'm having a small problem with Firefox.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a small problem with Firefox.

I had a problem with Firefox yesterday, it sat in my task bar and would only open on the screen when I right clicked and then clicked on maximise, when normally I would have simply left clicked on it in the task bar to bring it back on screen. Now it is on the computer screen full size with the three top bar black and the three buttons in the right showing minimise, restore down and close(-bar, double squares, and red X) where normally I would have minimise, maximise and close( -bar, single square, and red X). I tried uninstalling firefox and then reinstalling but it is the same.
    It is a problem for me when I want to have two programs open on the screen at the same time as the firefox now occupies all of the space and I can not reduce its size and move it around by clicking and holding on the top bar.
    Any clues as to how to resolve this?
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try running firefox in 'safe mode'. Click on the Firefox menu, Help..'Restart Firefox with Add-ons disabled'.

If that works, then there is a good chance one of your add-ons is the cause. Simply disable them all and one by one, re-enable them and test. You will eventually find the add-on causing the issues and can choose to dis-able or remove it.

Hope that works
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it only FF, or do other progs behave oddly? If only FF, try updating to version 11. It came out the other day.
    If it persists, you may have a memory (swapping) problem.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Is it only FF, or do other progs behave oddly? If only FF, try updating to version 11. It came out the other day.
    If it persists, you may have a memory (swapping) problem.
    Am.
    Yes, it is only with firefox.
    I am on version 11

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Try running firefox in 'safe mode'. Click on the Firefox menu, Help..'Restart Firefox with Add-ons disabled'.

If that works, then there is a good chance one of your add-ons is the cause. Simply disable them all and one by one, re-enable them and test. You will eventually find the add-on causing the issues and can choose to dis-able or remove it.

Hope that works
    Thanks Rick, tried that but did not appear to change anything.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've got a Yahoo toolbar installed, try disabling it. I did and it helped some.
    Just late this afternoon AP and other sites began slowing down while I was using FF, versions 10 and now 11.

I'm not sure, but it could be that other people are using a computer on my network. Will try for that after, BUT, it's not slow in G Chrome.
    Am.