User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Travelling to Germany

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travelling to Germany

Planning on travelling to Germany places of travel would be munich, the romantic drive, Fussen, driving up to zurich, St Goar, Cologn etc. Any advice on what to photograph I plan to do a lot of castles....
    Dwarak Calayampundi

Canon 5D Mark II, 7 D Lens Canon 24-105mm L Canon 16-35mm II L Canon 100mm Sigma 10-20mm Canon 50mm 1.8
    http://www.wix.com/dwarak/landscapes

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viel Glück, Dwarak! Around München you seem to have got it covered. Drop by and see the Nymphenburg Palace in M, too. It's amazing that "mad" King Ludwig could have built all those. Can't talk about Z, St G, C, etc.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Olympic complex in Munich is worth a look, as is the Glockenspeil. Not very nice, but a visit to a former Nazi concentration camp will be an emotive roller-coaster ride ( I went to Dachau), and is something that should be considered. A cruise down the Rhein will give you some great views of quite a few castles. Heidelberg is one worth getting to, of many. You have got to try a beer hall, even if you don't drink beer, the atmosphere is worth it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neuschwanstein castle worth a visit, and is in a beautiful location. The Starnbergsee ( SW of Munich ) is an area popular with locals. To the south is Garmisch - Partenkirchen, in the mountains. If in the area, Rothenburg is worth a look.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done two trips along parts of the Rhine and any of the small river towns are gems of the middle ages in their street culture. A picture op in every location.
    I have one last trip planed for next year and will be going on the Danube from Bucharest to Vienna on a river boat.
    Its a lovely part of the world.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the advice guys want to make the most of this trip I am planning to invest in a 70-200 f2.8 lens as well I think will get the new version with IS as I am strong believer in the latest technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GeBLAST!!!
    Went to post and it told me to log in again.

All I said was: make sure you take a wide angle lens with you. At least f=28mm in FF equivalent.
    AND that it is verboten to take photos of the interior of Neuschwanstein Castle during the guided tour, though you can take them from the windows.
    This might apply to all such places.
    Am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above but also spend a day or two in Rothenburg o.d. Tauber - http://www.romanticroad.com/rothenburg/sights.php a fantastic place with lots of old building etc.

That site also has some other great ideas for tours around Germany.

Just beaware when visiting Neuschawstein Castle (Fussen) that it is very popular and the crowds are something to see

Karl
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Canon G12 in a Recsea housing with twin YS110 Alpha strobes
    Canon 7D with Sigma 18 - 250mm & 170 - 500mm lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In München, the Englischer Garten is lovely for a stroll and some beautiful vistas . Also if you climb up to the gazebo on the hill( you'll see it when you're there), there will be views over the city:-)