Thread: Reconditioned Lens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reconditioned Lens

I'm looking at buying a new lens for my camera and I've been looking at "pre-loved" lenses to save myself some money I came across a lens on Ebay that is listed as "reconditioned" and all the description states is that it has been cleaned, serviced and had the focus reset on what was an otherwise perfect lens. It has been reconditioned by an actual camera store and is now up for sale due to the owner getting a new lens

What do you think about this purchase? It is a fair bit cheaper than buying the lens brand new so I'm seriously considering it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If done properly, Probably better than new , I had a lens fixed and serviced and it came back better than ever
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally you would take your camera, attach the lens, take some shots, see how it handles.

At the very least, what sort of warranty is there?
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Normally you would take your camera, attach the lens, take some shots, see how it handles.

At the very least, what sort of warranty is there?
    Not sure that is an option. It is a private seller selling the lens on eBay, not the store where it got reconditioned.

I have enquired about a warranty, hopefully I will hear back soon. Thanks for pointing that out though, I had never thought of that.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought three lenses off Ebay and never had a problem with any of them, but I suppose that one can be unlucky as well. I bought the Canon 100-400 L series, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L series and the Canon 180 mm 3.5 L series macro and I love them. I think the main thing is to look at their feedback and make sure that they have sold other items without any problems. Good luck with your purchase.