User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We haven't had a weekend meet for too long..Anyone interested?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven't had a weekend meet for too long..Anyone interested?

I look each time I'm on AP to see if there are any weekends planned. I loved the Armidale autumn leaves weekend that Wayne and Dianne organized and the Kilarney Falls as well. Toowoomba area was suggested last year but came to nothing. With all of us in Brisbane and Gold Coast, and so many beautiful areas nearby, it should be easy to select a venue and have a fun get together. I confess, I learn so much from all of you at these events.

One suggestion from me: There are heaps of autumn colours around Stanthorpe & Tenterfield washed down by visits to wineries and berry farms. At least 3 national parks with rock formations, ghost gully with it's sandstone sculptural structures, numerous old railway stations and mining remnants. There is also Stannum house in Stanthorpe itself which had mystery evenings in an olde world dining room last time I went through there.

Any other ideas? At this stage, I think after easter would be better..we have a couple of long weekends coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gabby, that's an interesting idea.
    Be happy, life is beautiful, even through a humble point and shoot camera
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After easter would be possible for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely be interested
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will keep on watching this thread , Interested
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be open to even a quick local meet on the Gc one day....

Pentax K-r
    Da 15mm & 70mm Ltds, Fa 35mm f2, F 50mm f1.7
    Da*200mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 28-105 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. The autumn colours are just starting to turn down here in Armidale. We are more than happy to host a weekend around Armidale after Easter if anyone is interested. Probably the best times for the Autumn colour will be in the two weeks straight after Easter. Unfortunately this doesn't fit in with the Queensland long weekends. However if anyone was interested in a visit to Armidale around this time we would be more than happy to host. We have 5 acres just out of town that people can pitch tents on.

Alternatively if something was happening around Tenterfield or Stanthorpe areas we would be interested in going.

Wayne & Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in this one as well, will watch this space!!
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeping my eye on this thread too...
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching too

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the Armidale weekend at Wayne and Di's last time- they were great hosts! Travel is longer to there but accomodation would be cheap! Stanthorpe/ Tenterfield would be more expensive accomodation- wise depending on numbers and whether we wanted to make it fancy at somewhere like Stannum House or Henry's cottage in Tenterfield. It would be equally good as a spring venture as well if we wished to do both throughout the year.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your consideration in deciding where to go, I just checked google maps : GOLD COAST TO TENTERFIELD is 3 Hrs 53mins on route 44 from Bangalow. GOLD COAST TO ARMIDALE is 472 km and 6 hours 15 mins.

I checked accomodation in the Tenterfield area-there are camping faciities , cabins, farmstays, motels, B& B's.
    I goofed about Stannum house -its in Tenterfield as well. The links below give you a glimpse of the accomodation, I mentioned.
    1. Stannum House - Tenterfield NSW - Bed & Breakfast Accommodation stannumhouse.com.au/
    2. Henry's Cottage- tenterfield www.henryparkestenterfield.com.au
    I'll ring and see what group deals they could offer and get back to you. Obviously it will depend on numbers and what type of accomodation everyone wants- cheap or luxury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Tikira - would love to visit Armidale and don't mind camping one little bit. Sounds like a great idea. Will be watching this thread.
    Lesley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone.

We have now started a thread in the NSW meets as per the link below. We are looking at a meet at Armidale on the weekend of the 21st & 22nd April, when we thinbk the colour will be at its best. If anyone is interested please post on the NSW thread link below so that we can keep track of the interest in one thread. We look forward to meeting anyone that can attend.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...354#post997354

Wayne & Di

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great offer guys, does that suit everybody?- we can always organize another meet a few weeks later as well.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne and Di have said that their armidale weekend won't go ahead due to recent rain causing the autumn leaves to drop prematurely. So if anyone cares to join them and myself in May at Tenterfield we'll organize that as a alternative...how does weekend of 19th and 20th sound?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to get out to some of those areas if I had a licence
    Steve

Equipment: A couple of Canons with some lenses and a heap of enthusiasm

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby View Post
    Wayne and Di have said that their armidale weekend won't go ahead due to recent rain causing the autumn leaves to drop prematurely. So if anyone cares to join them and myself in May at Tenterfield we'll organize that as a alternative...how does weekend of 19th and 20th sound?
    SOunds good Gail, I'll start saving pennies! Steve, lifts from other togs can often be arranged for a petrol contribution
    Last edited by Analog6; 22-04-2012 at 9:43am.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will keep going round in circles if we don't get a date fixed to work towards. I don't mind which date if anyone has a preference. Can we get expessions of interest for 19th & 20th May as Plan A or date requests as Plan B?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am very interested - just concerned whether the Autumn leaves will still be there - if I come I will be camping - Lesley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast