Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Camera Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Questions

Hello Australian Photography

I am new to this forum, (Sorry if this is in the wrong section), and photography itself, therefore I was just wondering if anyone can help answer this question or point me in the right direction.

I am currently aspiring to become a photographer. I have only just gained interest however.
    Currently I am not too serious about it, therefore i'm hopefully not going to spend a fortune on a camera.
    I just want to be able to capture the weekends and holidays, etc.
    However I do want a camera that has the ability to produce a good quality image.
    The price range I have is between $300-400.

Does anyone know any camera that would suit my needs?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Save up a bit longer and get an entry level DSLR with lens kit. You will not regret waiting and getting something that allows you to experience a DSLR, and learn the basics.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Calvin.
    Welcome to AP. Though you're asking for general help you have introduced yourself in this 1st post.

That sounds like a simple ask, but there are so many brands and models, and then what is "good"?

I can only offer a bit of (ahem!) "advice" about getting an inexpensive camera: It can be a "false economy" and the results and limitations may put you off photography. If not, then you will soon find out that you needed something better in the first place, so BANG go the "savings".

Others will add thoughts on this topic. Hope it helps.
    Am.

PS. Rick beat me to it, but said the same.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 13-03-2012 at 7:51pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the others have said, borrow a camera for a month or two from family if you can and once you have about $600 you probably can get into an entry level DSLR like the Nikon D3100 with an 18-55 mm zoom. No doubt there are other alternatives but I am only familiar with Nikon.

You may also be able to find a second hand DSLR that fits in your budget and that would also be a good way to get started. I know many that have started that way! I bought my first SLR when I was in grade 8 and honestly, you really should skip the point and shoot.
    RodW
    Brisbane south side