User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Please Explain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Explain

Reading the competition rules I have no idea what this means "Please ensure your JPEG image uses the sRGB colour space as all metadata will be stripped from entries". I do not have Light box or Photoshop. The only software I have for post production is what came with my Canon. I have no idea how you can tell whether a JPEG image uses the sRGB colour space, probably because I have no idea what all this means anyway lol. Can someone please help.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    set sRGB in your camera as the 'colourspace'. Check the manual for your camera. Colourspaces are a much confusing aspect of photography for beginners, but basically it is about the full range of colours that can be included in a photo. sRGB is the 'standard' for web/internet display, and as such our competition system uses sRGB. If you enter a photo that is not in sRGB (say it is in AdobeRGB) the colours may look 'off' in the entry compared to how it looks on your screen at home.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou Fortunately it was already set on this. As it is a default setting for Automatic mode I probably never knew about it. I am only just getting into the habit of switching auto off and taking photos using all the other settings.Thank goodness my camera knows more than I do lol.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenClaire View Post
    Thankyou . As it is a default setting for Automatic mode I probably never knew about it. I am only just getting into the habit of switching auto off and taking photos using all the other settings.
    FWIW sRGB should also be the default setting for manual modes, unless you deliberately change it.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S, Sigma 120-400, a speedlite, a tripod, a monopod, a remote release and a padded bag to carry things in.