User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightroom 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i goto the Adobe website, it says $187 ex GST for the download version...
    so... aren't we meant to include GST...? i'm confused... does an electronic version have special exclusions not to add GST...?

dieselpower
    Anybody having slow performance issues with LR4 should check out this Adobe blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...ot-issues.html
    There's a release candidate for LR 4.1 available. I downloaded and installed it last night and it has fixed the performance issues for me.

The download is available at: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4-1/

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
    Anybody having slow performance issues with LR4 should check out this Adobe blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...ot-issues.html
    There's a release candidate for LR 4.1 available. I downloaded and installed it last night and it has fixed the performance issues for me.

The download is available at: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4-1/
    You're lucky, still a lot of people on that forum with real performance issues. Particularly in the develop panel.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdZz View Post
    When i goto the Adobe website, it says $187 ex GST for the download version...
    so... aren't we meant to include GST...? i'm confused... does an electronic version have special exclusions not to add GST...?
    I think that they may have made a mistake earlier and had not included the =GST price, so Michaela got it at the lower price.

dieselpower
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    You're lucky, still a lot of people on that forum with real performance issues. Particularly in the develop panel.
    I have performance issues in the develop panel if I use lens correction and noise reduction - but I've had performance issues here ever since I started using Lightroom and have learnt to put up with it. I was seeing delays of up to 5 seconds to show the preview when adjusting basic sliders like white balance and exposure prior to updating to 4.1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh man... i'm still waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out before i actually purchase it.. =S
    I'm still running on LR3.6 atm.. hope the final LR4.1 sets things right.. altho they are already at a RC.. yikes

Oh, and just to clear things up regarding the price, i chatted to an Adobe representative (the chat thingy on their website)
    It seems an electronic download is GST Free.... so... an electronic copy is neither a good or a product... eh..? either way, there is not GST applied to an electronic download.
    Paying full price of $205 will get you [not so] exclusive access to a pretty box and even prettier CD... so if u wanna pay and extra $18 for a box and CD.. know what you are paying for.. tho still sux that aust is paying more than americans... but isn't that with pretty much everything thats imported.. oh wells..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't particularly having performance issues, but the upgrade to 4.1 does seem a bit quicker.
    Alan

Canon 5DII, 40D, some lenses, and some other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digital download is now $149.00 USD, which is the cheapest I can find it, and that is from the Adobe store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12