User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: F-Stop Loka Backpack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F-Stop Loka Backpack

Has anyone had experience with the F-Stop Loka backpack, including purchasing from the F-stop online store *removed - read the site rules 3-7? I do mostly landscape and nature macro photography and this pack looks perfect for long day hikes, there just seems nothing else like it. Trouble is * removed - read the site rules 3-7*
    Last edited by ricktas; 05-03-2012 at 11:00pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the f-stop loka.
    i highly recommend it really, it is the most comfortable bag for day hikes, as you say. ive tried and owned other bags but nothing really compares.
    the only trouble is that you can fit so much stuff that i often find myself carrying more than i need ending up with a very heavy pack, but even than its not much of an isssue as the bag so succesfully transfers all the weight to your hips, and at times you feel like you have nothing on your shoulders which is what you want.

one genuine criticism though, there is so many clips/straps that hang off the bag, and when you arent hiking and arent strapping the bag up properly they can get annoying flapping around.

obviously its an expensive bag/system, but well worth it i think, as they will last almost forever.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bxaftw for your helpful and rapid response! Glad to see you are enjoying the Loka, i hope to get my hands on one soon. May I ask whether you ordered directly from their website (which apparently I am not allowed to post here...) and what the postage cost was? Please PM me is you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't got the Loka but I've got the Guru and it's a great pack, can swallow a lot of gear still and is a bit smaller than the Loka.

I ordered through the local distributor, google Rod Thomas, he's pretty helpful. I've got a Slim Medium ICU and can fit heaps of gear in there. I've also just ordered the PRO Small ICU for when I need less gear.

I think for Australian climate if you are just day tripping / hiking with your camera gear, food, water and an extra jacket maybe you wouldn't need something as big as the Loka IMO.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mikec for the advice. I wasn't aware F-Stop had a local distributor. I googled Rod Thomas and found his site easily.
    I'll have a closer look at the Guru but I think I'm going to need the Loka for the overnight bivvy option on the longer hikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog42 View Post
    I'll have a closer look at the Guru but I think I'm going to need the Loka for the overnight bivvy option on the longer hikes.
    No problem!

If you want bivy gear though then you'll want the Loka, I can tell you that now by knowing what can fit in the Guru.

Thinking about it more, I've got a 37L pack (same size as the Loka) and if I was say carrying a medium ICU, food, water and bivy gear you might be a little hard pressed to fit that all in. I guess it depends how light weight you are.
    Last edited by mikec; 07-03-2012 at 2:21pm.