Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: PRE-AMP or Magic Lantern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PRE-AMP or Magic Lantern

Hi All,

I'm using my 550D to film certain things for my *removed, breaches site rules*. I have bought a RODE SVM, but from my understanding, the audio quality is not the best SOOC, and you require to upgrade to get a better controlled sound. I've researched Magic Lantern a bit, and though it sounds relatively safe, they still offer numerous warnings about potentially fatal consequences to the camera. It is suppose to be a Firmware that runs with the Canon firmware, but in my books it is a hack. You download it on your memory card, and run it from there - I simply don't trust it.

What are my options available to control my Audio input and quality? I would like to monitor the sound live if possible and over ride the AGC which seems to be quite inferior. I've had a quick look at Pre-Amps like Beach Tek and JuicedLink, but they are an expensive bit of kit. Is there anything else on the market that I could use (software or hardware)? Can I tether to the laptop and use a software to control the Audio or am I stuck with a Pre-Amp?

I appreciate any assistance that is given. I'm a bit of a TechnoPhobe, it took me 6 months before I attempted any photoshop.

Kind Regards, Dutch
    Last edited by ricktas; 03-03-2012 at 2:13pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ausphotography is focused on STILL images, not video, you might find you get more results asking on a video forum
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Rick,
    Yes, I understand, but I thought that I would ask the question as there seem to be a diverse range of people here that might have some knowledge in regards to my question, in particular to the AGC component and whether there might be something that I could within the settings that I could alter. I figure there was no harm in asking. Answers seem to come from the most obscure places at times, and to develop knowledge - one needs to ask questions.

Dutch