User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Tumut Under Siege

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tumut Under Siege

Like many other areas around the countryside, Tumut too is under siege from flood waters.

#1 shows parkland adjacent to the river. The shelter on the right are table & seats. The shelter on the left are bbq's.

#2 shows the river level under the old bridge.

#3 shows where the footpath should be seen.

Copy of 5Y8Y1015.JPG

Copy of 5Y8Y1014.JPG

Copy of 5Y8Y1017.JPG

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Roy. Flooding is such a dangerous thing. I find it almost surreal to see it outside my state (qld). It is hard to imagine the heartbreak flooding causes. I hope you and yours are safe an sound.
    Kathy

Using a Nikon D90 and 18-200mm VR lens

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawko02 View Post
    Hello Roy. Flooding is such a dangerous thing. I find it almost surreal to see it outside my state (qld). It is hard to imagine the heartbreak flooding causes. I hope you and yours are safe an sound.

Thanks Kathy, It's not a good thing as with any disaster. We faired well and live quite a ways up the hillside in Tumut. Getting clothes washed and dried was our biggest challenge :-). Then again, having the kids (5) housebound for the week was taking a toll Going on a road trip was out of the question most of the time because of my work and the fact that most of them were cut at varying stages.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I live in Junee and although I wasn't affected by the floods I had family and friends in Wagga Wagga that were and they have told me that it was frightening, they emailed a few photos and said that photos can't really show how powerful the water current really was. I was living in Nth Wagga Wagga in the 1990's when we had the last big flood and it was much higher than the recent one, that was before the council desided to put levie banks up.
    Great photos, well done.
    Jacki

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackij View Post
    Hi,
    I live in Junee and although I wasn't affected by the floods I had family and friends in Wagga Wagga that were and they have told me that it was frightening, they emailed a few photos and said that photos can't really show how powerful the water current really was. I was living in Nth Wagga Wagga in the 1990's when we had the last big flood and it was much higher than the recent one, that was before the council desided to put levie banks up.
    Great photos, well done.
    Jacki

Thanks Jacki & welcome to AP, it certainly was moving fast and effects were felt by many for a long time down the system. Luckily Blowering Dam was about 80% at the start of that event and didn't have a real imapct on the Tumut River flood (it didn't spill). That all came via the Goobragandra River. Suffice to say now, Blowering Dam is about 94% and if a similar event were to reoccur things could be worse still.

What sort of photography do you like doing? Just wondering if you were thinking of posting some of the iconic Junee railway museum?

Cheers
    Roy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you and your family are safe and in good health. These disasters seem to happen more and more, also here in Europe. Rains pours dosn in enormous quantiteis and in winter we have the same thing with sudden snowfall.

Take care!

Greetings,

Danny

http://fotoda.zenfolio.com/