User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Who is going to trade up to the 5D MKIII?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post
    Sorry, it was $3,529, NOT $4,329.00.
    I sitll think for a local delivered and warranted camera, this is a great deal.
    And buying from Myer, if I don't like it, I can return in 30 days and get my money back!

That sounds like a MUCH better price and I would consider exceptional for local market. I hope you get to enjoy it by next weekend On the job front I would stick with familiararity & confidence, take shots with the 5D3 in between and drown yourself with 5D3 practice afterwards in spare time.

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have be tossing this around my head for a while and was considering waiting for the price drop to come on the 5D2 but since my buddy bought a 5D3 - Yes upgrading in the mid term once the dust settles bugs have been ironed out, not there is many. My budder bought his about a month ago maybe and it is a solid and sound performer and incredible noise control at very high ISO's, and I mean amazing. The focus system is superb and is one reason that made me wait to see what the 5D3 specs would bring as I do a lot of horse even photography.
    So YES, probably within the next months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennymiata View Post

I've got a job to do next Saturday, so I'm now tossing up if I should do it with my new 5D3 or just use the 60D as I am so familiar with it.
    What do you guys think I should use?
    It's a party of around 160 people and I'll be taking some short videos using my wifes G1X, and the stills with either the 60Dor 5D3 to make up a nice video/picture presentation.
    I have hand my 50D for about 18 months now and am pretty familiar with it but when playing with my buddies 5D3 for a while I soon realized it is quite a different beast, exposure evaluation is far more accurate so less forgiving and the focus system fantastic but takes a bit to get used to the usage.

There some key benefits too, low light and noise control to are least but of no value if you can manage the features. If you plan to use the 5D3, in my experience, spend some time really getting know it first.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5D3 ordered and hopefully stumbling my way through it by end of next week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 5D mk II is a great camera, I upgraded because I found the speed of capturing with the type of photography I do to be a bit slow (as far as focusing on an area of the subject). What i find is, it feels like a very different camera its even slightly quicker focusing than the 7D (which i own), a spruced up 7D with full frame IQ. The IQ is only slightly better at normal ISO than the 5D mk ii and significantly better at higher ( above 1600), but then the 5D mkII as far as image quality is excellent, especially for the price. For me I find I am capturing many more photos where the focus is just right. The camera is a joy to use it feels just right as a tool to capture the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selaw View Post
    5D3 ordered and hopefully stumbling my way through it by end of next week
    Well, It's the end of the following week and took hold of the 5D3 this afternoon. Time to start stumbling my way through it
    Last edited by selaw; 15-06-2012 at 8:26pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only being an enthusiast myself, I find the MkII is more than enough to suit my needs at the moment. Maybe once the new model has been out for a while and it comes down in price, although by then they will probably have come up with an upgrade to the MkIII!
    Last edited by van kent; 18-06-2012 at 6:27pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only dissappointment I have with the 5D MkIII is that it will not AF with a TC when the total sum f/ adds up to f/8.

Though I had not done my research on that aspect I was really hoping that it would as other full frame bodies had.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my 5D3 yesterday afternnon.
    Now all I need is time to start playing with it!

Doesn't feel much bigger in the hand than my 60D does, but it feels good to hold.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...

Do you mean it won't autofocus with a Canon 2x teleconvertor on an f4 lens.
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashc View Post
    Hi...

Do you mean it won't autofocus with a Canon 2x teleconvertor on an f4 lens.
    Not sure about that, but it will not focus with a f/5.6 and 1.4TC. I'm sure it will be same with the set up you describe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345