Yesterday at the races I went to shoot and got an Error 99 which said to switch offand on again. I did that but got the same message. I swapped batteries (both were fully charged the night before) and still ... Error 99. I tried a different lens - no luck. I wiped down all the terminals/connections and still received the same error.

After my initial panic - I tried the same lens on my other camera body with out any issues and shot with my back up for the remainder of the day. Between races, I tried the camera again but still continued to get the same message.

When I got home I tried shooting without a lens on - just the cap and there was no problems ... it chattered away in high speed.

Can anyone help with what might be wrong before I take it to the shop - I though that the lens connection might be dirty but the same happened with another lens and both lenses worked fine on my back up.

I have read a number of other posts where people have got the same error only to have the camera go to the shop and nothing wrong can be found with it. I don't wan't to make the 200km round trip for the same.