Thread: Just A Little Chuffed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just A Little Chuffed

Had a few photos in the Tumut Show yesterday and here are the two winners. Not ashamed to say I'm a little chuffed and wanted to share my happiness in these times of flooding sadness. Please excuse the dust bunnies ;-)

The show was all but washed out/cancelled. Luckilly the pavillions were open and entry was waivered. Reports suggest this has been the worst weather affected show in 100+ year history.

Enjoy :-)

#1 - Manly Marina Sunrise - Manly QLD
    #2 - Zooming Homestead - Zooming experiment during exposure
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by selaw; 04-03-2012 at 9:59am.

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one mate, nice to get some recognition. The second one has had some interesting effects added, that's for sure.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good on you Roy.
    The second one is interesting enough to make me think about trying this in the future. Thanks. I really like it.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done. They are two different shots but both very effective. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the photo front, hope the weather front improves soon too
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well done! I love the light and clarity of the first - beautiful. And the second appeals enormously - well done for experimenting.
    Canon 5DII, Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM , Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM, Lensbaby Sweet 35, 580EXII, Manfrotto Tripod, CS3 & LR5
    http://www.pbase.com/judyd

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Collected the photos yesterday and massive prizemoney ($4) + local pharmacy voucher and ribbon. A couple of winnings was a bonus. The real joy was sharing and having a lot of locals having a look The experience was an enjoyable lesson on its own.

A real shame that the floods put paid to most external aspects of the show and a lot more people missed out all together As if the Thursday flood wasn't bad enough, a bigger one came through on the night of show day (Saturday). This flooding was bigger than the 1974 floods that swept the region. Ironically, we have had exceptionally good weather this last week however, gloomy long range forecasts suggest heavy rainfalls around the end of March. My heart goes out to other parts of southern NSW doing it tougher than us. Our dam (Blowering) is on track to spill around then, gulp! Being an operator, that makes me uncomfortable. Floods are never fun to mitigate and the aftermath can be just as challenging.