User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Dodgy Competition Rules

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dodgy Competition Rules

William (The AIPP photo competition watchdog) has asked me to post the following:

Dodgy Competition Alert - Year of the Farmer / Fairfax Elders Photo Competition - a total disgrace that I'd urge people to complain about - this is a key term

2) absolutely & unconditionally assign to Promoter all right, title & interest in all intellectual property rights in their entry & acknowledge that as a consequence Promoter may publish, modify and/or sell their entry in whole or part in any form worldwide in perpetuity without further notification, remuneration or compensation; &

ARE YOU KIDDING ????? !!!!!

2) absolutely & unconditionally assign to Promoter all right, title & interest in all intellectual property rights in their entry & acknowledge that as a consequence Promoter may publish, modify and/or sell their entry in whole or part in any form worldwide in perpetuity without further notification, remuneration or compensation; &

ARE YOU KIDDING ????? !!!!!

Feel free to tell them what you think - media@yearofthefarmer.com.au
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Message sent!!!!!
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only did I email them I entered the comp with this as well.

Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full conditions of entry are hidden from immediate view, there is a link, just a click here link shown on the website, but that leads to a second page and you have to go there and then find competitions and then you get this , http://photocompetition.yearofthefar...itions/details to read the full details which are 45 paragraphs and include that fact that your personal details are collected to enable them to contact you and that
    "a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant‟s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on new promotions or special offers or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future."
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read all that Graham.. All the details I gave them were bogus apart from my email

This is their response to my email, What do you think Maybe the proceeds are going to a good cause

Last edited by Duane Pipe; 29-02-2012 at 11:06am.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duane Pipe. I got the exact same copy except for the name of course. The more (anti)emails they receive the more they are likely to change the rules. cheers
    Last edited by bricat; 29-02-2012 at 11:31am. Reason: i before nthe e except after c

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So why is their altruism only mentioned in the above e-mail and not here.....http://www.yearofthefarmer.com.au/ge...mpetition.html
    If what's in the e-mail was stated up front, then, possibly, the T&C may seem a little more acceptable. Or maybe they could have stated the images could be used for the purposes stated in the above e-mail.
    Fairfax Rural Press Ltd must know there's a better way than this.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps this should go on the list just under phone hacking