User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Slow motion video camera

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow motion video camera

Looking to get a slow motion video camera that is reasonably priced, can anyone recommend one.

I want to video water drops etc.

Axle
    Last edited by axle01; 05-04-2012 at 7:15pm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Axel,

I don't know what you already have but post processing can give you the slow motion effect. For example the Final Cut Pro you can use the slow motion feature to slow down portions of the video If you want that from the camera you are most likely up for some big bucks. The higher the frame rate the more more expensive it is. NEX-7000F is is approaching 2088 frames per second but you are looking at around 65K. Perhaps the casio is a good step in it will do 240 Frames per second which is not bad. Phantom are between 25K and 60K whichever you choose there is so much info on the net. Recommend that you do the hire try before you buy.

Kind Regards
    Livio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes indeed post processing can help with slow motion, if you can get your hands on adobe after effects and get the twixtor plugin, you can creat clips that look like it's been filmed at 1000fps.. search it on youtube there are heaps fo examples.. but as livio said, try beforehand.
    Life is short, Keep snapping!
    CC always welcome
    Nikon D5100 | Nikon D7100 | Bits and pieces. | Some glass here and there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ultimate in slow-motion rendering is a plug-in for major NLEs (non-linear editors) called Twixtor. It's capable of incredibly detailed slow-motion footage, though the higher the framerate, and the higher the quality of the frames, the better. Some of the best work I've seen combines the Canon EOS 7D with Twixtor - have a look on Vimeo for numerous examples.
    --=3 In Veritas Lux E=--
    Bodies: Canon EOS 5D Mk II, Canon EOS 550D
    Lenses: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Strobist: 2 x Speedlite 580EXII, 4 x Yongnuo RF-603 Radio Tranceivers, Yongnuo ST-E2 IR Transmitter
    3 x Manfrotto Light Stands, 2 x Softboxes, 2 x Bounce Brollies
    Tripod: Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT, PH-50 Panhead

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nikon D3s a Canon G12 and a Panasonic handicam, if that helps, but i don't mind paying up to $1000, i know it won't produce what a $60000 camera would but i am into water drops and would like to video them in slowmo.