User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Dell Malaysian HELL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dell Malaysian HELL

I needed a better photo editing monitor so ordered a Dell u2412 Sunday week ago very bad move!!
    On the following Tuesday I checked the couriers tracking (it was ready for delivery) and noted there were 2 monitors on the consignment (yes I was charged for both) so rang dell to advise them of the mistake and to ask about the return of the unwanted unit. was told "Sorry we will fix it from here" . Well they fixed it alright !!!! both units were reconsigned from Bris back to Sydney , and apparently lost.
    I am now being told they cannot send the monitor until it is found ,nor can they cancel or refund , as you can imagine I was not real happy and suggested that as it was them that lost it its not my problem so send me a monitor .
    This suggestion I have made twice a day since last Thursday but still when I ring support and give my order number i am told Sorry the courier company has lost****.
    I have talked to 2 supervisors and anyone else who will listen but its like smashing your head into a brick wall and Dell Aust is impossible to contact direct
    1 avoid these people like the plague
    2 Any suggestions to expedite this
    3 A cure for extreme stress
    Cheers .
    why does a good rant make you feel better?
    Last edited by grw46; 22-02-2012 at 2:04pm.
    I'm Garry . Pentax K5 IIs + Kx, and a bag full of other gear.
    Critique is welcome as is PP with details.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43734466@N07/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consumer affairs might be the go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another suggestion, if you can cancel the order, I would change it to a Dell U2410 as the 2412 you ordered are not as good for photo editing as the former. With the current Dell 30% off the U2410 atm, its only a bit more.

I have ordered 2 monitors in separate purchases from them in the past and have not had a problem, so I would not know the proper channels to recommend, maybe wait a few more days to see how it pans out, then contact consumer affairs/ombudsman as suggested above

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks JM ,Yes would love the 2410 but the pension don't quite stretch that far , but still in limbo as they will not do anything until the other monitor turns up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you purchased it with your credit card, have the bank cancel or charge back the transaction. I don't know whether a time limited offer of that happening would get immediate action from the call centre, assuming you went a couple levels up? (ie if it's not fixed in 8 hours or whatever, the bank will charge it back) And make sure they add notes to your file for each conversation you have with them. (If you're paranoid, ask for a reference number of each as well.)
    Next step Consumer Affairs!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress YAHOO an email "Your order has been flagged as missing" wow it only took a week and this is the first commitment in writing .
    So far 12 phone calls and 10 emails and this is the first real response other than "we have received ***********"
    Last edited by grw46; 22-02-2012 at 6:47pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is finally resolved after more frustration than I have ever experienced from a retailer and then to my delight I was asked to complete a customer satisfaction survey.. OH dear I do hope they read it

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grw46 View Post
    1 avoid these people like the plague
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience however I cannot agree with your advice above. So far we have 16 Dell monitors, 3 Dell laptops, 12 Dell PCs and have had nothing but excellent service. I cannot recommend them enough.

Plus, if money is a little tight always remember to keep an eye on the Dell Outlet page on their website, you can get goods at decent discounts but grab them quick as they do not stay on there long.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a good reason for a good shake of the head! Hope it continues to work out without further ado.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fess My advise stands Dell do have good service when every thing goes right but a measure of good service is the ability to to do really well when things go wrong. In this regard they fail miserably as is easily seen with an on line search. If you are dealing at a corporate level your experience will be better than the average one off customer. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're getting it sorted Garry!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closed !! I picked the monitor up from the courier depo rather than risk any more probs.
    The monitor is great as I can apply the same profile in Win 7 and Linux mint , just a real pity about the service.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grw46 View Post
    Fess My advise stands Dell do have good service when every thing goes right but a measure of good service is the ability to to do really well when things go wrong. In this regard they fail miserably as is easily seen with an on line search. If you are dealing at a corporate level your experience will be better than the average one off customer. Cheers
    I am not dealing at a corporate level, just buy through Dell outlet like anyone else.

Maybe I have just been lucky

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOW is the time to write a letter to the Manager of Dell International since you may have calmed down by now. In the cold light of day you are able to be more constuctive with your criticism by just detailing the facts about your experience. At least management then have the opportunity to fix a problem that they may not be aware of. If it were me I would have to wait another month or two to calm down... cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend faced similar situation not long ago but luckily, the courier company found it in the evening and delivered the next day.
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM