User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: So Much Yet So Little !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Much Yet So Little !!

Expanding on the title, so much to learn yet so little time at the moment due to much happening in my life. I have recently got the Canon 60D with kit lenses to learn with and the plan is to follow the Lesson plans on this site. However World Superbikes is on next weekend ( Currently I'm 10 minutes from the track ) so I will obviously be taking the camera along.

Off course I'd like to take quality type photos but for now I'm a little flustered on the best approach where I can experiment a little yet have a reasonable number of keepers from the 3 days. Any hints / tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Firstly, check the entry t&c, you will likely find there are restrictions on what camera gear you can take along and also what you can do with the photos. Often it is noted that photos are for 'private use only' or similar, which means you cannot post them onto forums.

Now onto how to. Take your gear out into your street and practice your panning skills.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I checked with them today Rick, anything greater than 300mm is unacceptable for getting private images. Safe there, only going to take the 250mm. Wont be posting photos online, solely for my own collection. Did think about going out to the road but not sure what people would say about some goon with a camera pointed at them. ( not too many options on P.I )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use AI servo focusing mode on the motorbikes. You could practise a few shots on cars on the street. It might be worth practising a few panning shots (using slow shutter speed and tracking object), before going to the track. It is harder than it looks
    1DIII, 5DII, 15mm fish, 24mm ts-e, 35L,135L,200L,400L,mpe-65mm
    Film: eos 300, pentax 6x7

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use continuous shooting. Take heaps of photos (do you need another SD card or two?). Recharge battery each night. Devote the next weekend to finding your keepers. Good luck.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I took all the above advice and learnt a fair bit over the three days. Had a quick skim through so far and can definitely see the improvements as the weekend went on,a good amount of keepers. Just blows me away at how quick time passes when reviewing the photos, wife isn't happy lol.
    Thanks for the tips.