Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Southern light

Here is another of her studio. I probably should wait till I get home and onto the "proper" computer, but anyway.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea. it is just a little 'confusing' for my eyes. The perspective just doesn't seem right so my eyes are not sure where the lines are leading. Not sure if it is the angle of the desk or not but it just doesn't seem to line up to the window and the hoizon in the backgroud. It looks like you have exposed for the room but the light outside is all washed out so the detail is lost. HDR would help in this type of shot.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your comment rene52 but I put photos in this forum just to share - copied below is what the mods. say about it.

"Hey members! This is the FUN forum - specifically NOT for Constructive Critique. So just have fun "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appologies if I have offended you. I didn't read in which forum this was placed. If I had of read the header correctly I would not have put my comments as I have done. Again I do appologise.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rene52 View Post
    I appologies if I have offended you. I didn't read in which forum this was placed. If I had of read the header correctly I would not have put my comments as I have done. Again I do appologise.
    I don't think Toni is offended, rene52. It's just that this is the second image in this series in the Not For Critique section and the first post on both have been critiques!

I think we get so used to critiquing images that we forget there is an area where that's not the aim of the forum. No harm, no foul, I'm sure.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rafikicat View Post
    Here is another of her studio. I probably should wait till I get home and onto the "proper" computer, but anyway.......
    I'll bet the smell of oil is pervasive in there, too, Toni! I used to do a little painting - very badly I might add - and the smell of the paint was a constant reminder of both the fun and the associated chores.

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think both these pictures are a delight. It looks like a lovely place for painting.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would ask WHY you are posting them in the Not for Critique forum?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I seem to have started quite a conversation. Don't worry Rene52 I'm not all offended. Thanks Waz, and yes the smell of oil is pervasive - I love the smell of oil paints. Jim, it is a magic place, would make any artist green with envy. Lucie has more than one studio, and they are housed in restored old colonial "sheds" on her property.
    Rick, I selected the Not for Critique forum because I just want to share my photos. I am nearly 75 now, and I've been taking photos for over 60 years, it's a bit late to aim for greatness and I'm just happy to get the occasional photo that satisfies me. Maybe over the years I've developed my own aesthetic, which doesn't include pin sharpness every time or the rule of thirds! Also I have to admit being totally uninterested in entering competitions, I hope that doesn't make me a bad AP member. AP is wonderful and I especially enjoy seeing how other photographers develop. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by rafikicat; 21-02-2012 at 10:46am.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this one also Toni and what a fantastic bright room for painting.. Thanks for sharing

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020