AusPhotography Photographic Competitions
This is a basic guide about how our Competitions work:
- Competitions are set-up by the site administrators/moderators
- Entries must be made using the Competition process.
- Please refer to the relevant competition rules before entering. Failure to abide by the rules will see your entry disqualified.
- Once the Entries thread closes, members vote in a poll for the five photos they feel are the best from the Entries.
- At the close of the top five poll, the five highest voted photos then go to a final poll to chose the final winner. Sometimes there will be a top six/seven etc, when the voting outcome has more than one entrant on the same number of votes at the close of the top five voting poll
- This two stage voting system reduces the chance of manipulation of the final outcome.
Qualifying voting poll results are suppressed, and members will not know who voted for who.
The Final voting poll results are suppressed to members, until the competition closes.
Monday – Sunday (members submit their entry for the competition)
Monday – Wednesday (top 5 selection thread is open)
Thursday – Sunday (Poll - Voting for overall winner)
Sunday – Weekly Competition Winner announced around 8.30 PM (Australian Eastern Time)
While Week two above is under way, the next weekly competition Entry thread is open as well.
The winning photograph will appear on the Ausphotography home page for a period of up to one month.
Monthly Competitions are sponsored by www.estyles.com.au
During the Month of the Competition
1st Month (actually the evening of the last day of the previous month) - Competition set topic announced, and an announcement thread is created by a moderator (members can begin to submit their entries).
Last day of month – Entries thread closes at 8.45 PM (Australian Eastern Time)
Early the next month
1st – 5th of following month (Qualifying Poll is open)
6th – 10th of following month (Final Poll - voting for overall winner)
10th of following month : Monthly Competition winner announced around 8.45 PM (Australian Eastern Time)
While the top five voting and Poll are being run, the next month's Entry thread is also open.
The winning photograph will appear on the Ausphotography home page for a period of one month.
sponsor our quarterly "seasons" Competition. Each Season is based on the time of year, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.
Seagate Seasons competitions have their own separate Rules.
Photo of the Week, Competition Rules, here
Photo of the Month, Competition Rules, here
Seagate Seasons, Competition Rules, here
Awards are issued to the winners of our competitions. These awards can be added to your site signature, so other members can see that you have won one or more of our competitions. If you win a competition, a site moderator will send you the award within about a fortnight of your win being announced.
Occasionally we will run competitions that have different or additional rules.
These rules will be announced in the competition thread when it is opened for Entries.
Sometimes we will post additional information about Special Competitions before they begin.
[hide][top]Tie Break: If a PRIZE competition results in a tie, the following will apply
If, at the close of the voting poll, two (or more) members are in first place with equal votes, a follow on 1 hour poll will take place.
- Only the photos in equal first place will be in the follow on 1 hour poll.
- All members can vote on the 1 hour poll.
- It at the end of the 1 hour poll, the votes are still equal, the poll will stay open for another hour, repeating till a winner is forthcoming. That vote will decide the winner. Voting outcome will be hidden, until the poll is closed.
- This only applies to major prize competitions on Ausphotography, regular competitions will see both members being awarded 1st place, appearance on home page and competition Award issued.