PDA

View Full Version : How to make text silver in photoshop?

Bonnie
13-02-2012, 11:01pm
As the title of my thread suggests, I need to know how create silver text in Photoshop. I have my very first clients wedding invitations to complete and think that silver text could be that "little somethin' somethin'" to make it perfect :)

Thanks for your help!

Wandapics
14-02-2012, 8:46am
Select the text. Then click the little down arrow next to the A. A palete of colours should appear - choose your colour click on it & the text colour should change.
It works the same on here when you post. You could try it in the test forum.

keith-killer
29-02-2012, 11:46am
Silver colors in photoshop are a mix of greys. I have been using Photoshop since 1998 and have some awesome "silver" gradients. Goole PSD gradients and you will find many wonderful free resources to get silver gradietns and/or some great tutorials on how to make it look real.

** >> However, it really depends on the printing method as to how well they turn out. This is critical. They may look awesome on screeen, but not so good when printed, especially on mat paper.

jjjnettie
29-02-2012, 12:21pm
Or you could do it the long way. Printing that portion very faintly and going over with a broadish silver pen. I did that with my own wedding invites, and it did give it that personal touch.

Seabee
27-03-2012, 11:48am
I use 'styles' for my text requirements most of the time............these can be found freely all over the web along with brushes, gradients actions etc!

Its good fun scouring the web for these things anyway lol