PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Bound

selaw
09-02-2012, 9:41pm
Hi to Sydneysiders, I will be in Sydney for a meeting and will be staying on the nights 13th & 14th Feb.

Hoping to get a few hours in to shoot down by the bridge/Circular Quay/Opera House.

Not sure of exact times yet but was thinking between 7 & 9pm on the Tuesday evening. If I strike it lucky I'll squeeze two nights in :)

Company would be a pleasure if anyone wishes to come down.

aussiepomm
13-02-2012, 9:00am
You will HAVE to come to work... Royal Botanic Gardens through the day/late afternoon! From Mrs Macquaries Point (Chair) you can shoot back and get the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, silhouetted late afternoon or together at night... Open Air Cinema is currently running at Fleet Steps, so there are a lot of people around that area at the moment as well...

Lance B
13-02-2012, 11:32am
You will HAVE to come to work... Royal Botanic Gardens through the day/late afternoon! From Mrs Macquaries Point (Chair) you can shoot back and get the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, silhouetted late afternoon or together at night... Open Air Cinema is currently running at Fleet Steps, so there are a lot of people around that area at the moment as well...

Do you work at the Botanical Gardens?

aussiepomm
13-02-2012, 2:59pm
Yes, working at the Botanic Gardens has a LOT of 'ups'... Its a great site, and lots to offer photography wise...

Also, of note, the Queen Mary II is docking tomorrow night c. 11.25pm I've been told but listed otherwise (http://www.globenettravel.com.au/cruises/sydney_port_cruise_schedule.asp), if that floats your boat.. It should be passing by the gardens (Mrs Macquaries Point which is also opposite Forte Dennison)...

Lance B
13-02-2012, 3:02pm
Yes, working at the Botanic Gardens has a LOT of 'ups'... Its a great site, and lots to offer photography wise...

Ah, next time I am at the Gardens, I will look you up, if you do not mind. Where do I go if I want to meet up with you?

Also, of note, the Queen Mary II is docking tomorrow night c. 11.25pm I've been told but listed otherwise (http://www.globenettravel.com.au/cruises/sydney_port_cruise_schedule.asp), if that floats your boat.. It should be passing by the gardens (Mrs Macquaries Point which is also opposite Forte Dennison)...

Thanks for the info.

AmPhot
13-02-2012, 7:26pm
FYI QM2 is berthing at Fleet Base @ 0530 AM, departing close to midnight same night.

aussiepomm
14-02-2012, 7:32am
Ah, next time I am at the Gardens, I will look you up, if you do not mind. Where do I go if I want to meet up with you?
If you come to Reception, National Herbarium on Mrs Macquaries Road, and ask for me there (Bernie) they will give me a 'buzz'!

selaw
15-02-2012, 7:54pm

Thanks Bernie, back at home in Tumut now. Was working my way around from the bridge through to the Opera House and was looking towards the area you have referred to. Unfortunately it was getting late and started to rain. I decided to call it quits and start heading back to the Glodsbrough Darling Harbour :D

Got a few shots and might put a couple up in the cc forums soon.