PDA

View Full Version : Bunya Mountains National Park. Qld.

rexs1
30-01-2012, 9:04pm
Hi,
Has anyone been there, as I'm looking for some photo locations in this N.Pk.
We will be there in Feb. for a few days. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better than the last few weeks here in Qld.
cheers.
Rex

mistletoe
01-02-2012, 9:28am
Hi

I've been and its a nice spot. Its essentially rain forest, creeks and the odd waterfall (if your lucky and its been raining). Plenty of roos and wallabies to photo, which is always good. There are a fair few vistas to shoot from many lookouts dotted around the area. Big Falls lookout was quite nice as I remember. Most of the walking circuits are very easy and lugging your camera gear to the look out areas won't be a problem. But one of the best views was actually from a little dirt stopping area by the side of Bunya Mountain Drive as you approach the hub of the park. Its west facing and I got a couple of nice sunsets from there:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4131/5092977199_3574212126_b.jpg

and

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4088/5092977203_beb9f71cec_b.jpg

The villas and apartments available range from cute-as-a-button to mansion-with-onsuite-spa-bath etc. But its all laid out with great concern for taste. The air is cool and fresh up there. Have fun!

Ian
01-02-2012, 8:51pm
it is a nice spot up there Rex. what days are you going to be there this month. and i'll see if i can get up there. best time just after rain. tracks will be a little muddy after rain but there will be plenty of fungi shots as well as bird, wallabies, landscapes.
here is some fugi shots from a meet acouple of years ago. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

yummymummy
01-02-2012, 9:10pm
make sure if you're going to be bushwalking, to pack the bushmans insect repellant... the ticks will be rife up there at the moment!

CHardy
02-02-2012, 12:47pm
Looking forward to viewing your photos. I would like to visit the Bunya Mountains, distance isnt an issue ( live near the bottom of the Toowoomba range) , just need Mother Nature to settle down with the rain again and finding someone to go with. Good Luck :D

rexs1
02-02-2012, 10:56pm
Thanks for all your replies. It looks like a great place for some photos.
The sunset and fungi photos are very good.
I will post some pics when I get back.
I just hope there's not too much rain around.
cheers

pascal110
03-02-2012, 8:49am
Thanks for the feedback, I booked for mid march, hope the weather will be good :)