PDA

View Full Version : what's with sales?

reaction
25-01-2012, 2:14pm
what's with these ppl selling oz retail w/ receipt items that are under a month old claiming they decided to move to other (brand/format/country)?

just now I saw this ad for a 1wk old 5D2 cuz the owner decide to move to MF. Seriously?
But there are so many ads for stuff about 1-2mth old with some weird claim. Initially I thought it was Canon staff using their 40% staff discount to rort the company, but many of these have retail receipts so I guess not? :efelant:

Kym
25-01-2012, 4:57pm
Scams? :efelant:

ameerat42
25-01-2012, 5:02pm
Scams? :efelant:

Ditto. :efelant:

mudman
25-01-2012, 5:50pm
just apply the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

ameerat42
25-01-2012, 7:04pm
just apply the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

A pity that that old adage is so vague, though, Mudman. (Maybe it's also a scam:rolleyes:)

It's like "...cheaper prices are [a word meaning almost] the [a word meaning start]..." (It only sounds like a revolution in chicken feed marketing?)

You end up with garbage no matter what/where/when/and we never know why.
:rolleyes:m.

Speedway
25-01-2012, 7:08pm
Let me guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gumtree.
Keith.

Cyza
25-01-2012, 7:42pm
probably not actually a week old or stolen? doubt most of them them actually have receipts, unless included in with the pictures.

ricktas
25-01-2012, 8:07pm
Another word to think about . CHRISTMAS..people selling off things they were given as presents they got..about a month ago.. and do not want

GTP 290
25-01-2012, 9:51pm
It's not always a scam. I am currently trying to sell a 7D premium kit (body + 18-200 EF-S) because I got one for myself a few months before christmas not knowing that my family got me one FOR christmas :angry0: I guess I should talk to them more often.

I was going to originally keep them both but the missus says the bathroom reno's are a slightly higher priority. And I'm only asking a fraction of the retail cost. However everyone seems to be in the same boat just coming back from holidays and still recovering after christmas financially.

reaction
26-01-2012, 8:47am
well actually it's on our friend site cameramarket where I often see it. I thought since it's usually meet and swap, you get the receipt so it's hard to scam. But who knows?
for something a week old tho surely you'd just return it, esp if it's still mostly wrapped!

ricktas
26-01-2012, 9:37am
well actually it's on our friend site cameramarket where I often see it. I thought since it's usually meet and swap, you get the receipt so it's hard to scam. But who knows?
for something a week old tho surely you'd just return it, esp if it's still mostly wrapped!

But there is no obligation for a store to refund you, cause you chose poorly. Under the law they only need replace/refund an item if it does not work as described. Ie, it is broken or damaged. Some stores will refund (not many) and others may give you a store credit to purchase from something else in their range, but they have no legal obligation to do so. Thus people just try and sell them.