PDA

View Full Version : some ppl are real bastards...

ving
23-01-2012, 4:23pm
... or humans arent necessarily humane.

just a quickly that i had to share (if only cause it p$%&@# me off).

Was out doing a little birding over the week end, pretty fruitless journey (according to my facebook status), and on the way back I notice something wriggling in the gutter. As i got closer i realised it was a young indian minah, it has a string around its leg and was staked to the ground in the sun on top of a meat ant nest... the poor thing was just about dead but must have been in agony.
Now I know they are pests and all and i know people in my area trap and kill them but how about a bit of humanity for crying out loud. wonder what sort of person does this? made me sick.
anyhow to cut the gory story short i snapped its neck to put it out of its misery.

people make me mad... :angry0:

Boo53
23-01-2012, 4:37pm
That is terrible.

They may be pests but there is absolutely no excuse for cruelty

Leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it

ving
23-01-2012, 4:58pm
that it does John. :/

dbax
23-01-2012, 5:04pm
good job Ving, absolutely no need for an animal to suffer like that, some sick puppies around that's for certain !

Rattus79
23-01-2012, 5:17pm
Leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it

Agreed, but not as bad a Galah. Tough as nails. :)

Ok, seriously though, that's just (insert you choice of 6 letter words ending in ed) Up!
I just don't get the mentality to do such a thing. How could one live with themselves having done it???

Bennymiata
23-01-2012, 5:57pm
Disgusting.

I would like to catch someone doing that, and I would tie him up and let the ants get at him, but I'm too humane and too civilised to do it..........

Ionica
23-01-2012, 6:05pm
" I know they are pests"
Possibly the person(s) involved didn't know or care what species it was, and just have very twisted ideas.

Nanny
23-01-2012, 6:06pm
The sad thing is there is so many out there
you did the right thing ving.

andrewvid
23-01-2012, 6:49pm
it's horrible to know that there are some people that do these things, there is no need for this kind of action! makes me sick.

once again, you did the right thing.

Avalon
23-01-2012, 6:56pm
That's appalling! I shudder to think what sort of a sick mind does this kind of thing.
I hope you have reported it to the council/RSPCA. They should be aware this is going on, perhaps it might help catch the culprit if people are on the lookout next time. This kind of person doesn't usually stop at this level of cruelty.
Thank you for putting the poor creature out of its misery.

old dog
23-01-2012, 7:49pm
sad fact of life David....the world being full of sadistic people. Glad you did the humane thing too. When I was in the cops back in the early 70`s in Sydney...had to patrol Hyde Park quite often and at the time young sadists did a similar thing by catching pidgeons legs with fishing line and then `flying` them.

geoffsta
23-01-2012, 9:31pm
Cruelity has being going on ever since I can remember, and since the dawn of the human race. And dare say will continue regardless how much people moan and groan. It's just that we here more of it.
Not just animals and birds, but to human beings all over the world. If they did catch these idiots, what will they get. A slap on the wrist, and at worst 20 hours community work. :umm:

This reminds me of an email I got the other day. Most of you may have seen it. But I think it is relevent.

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.

Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it coulduse the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have thegreen thing in our day.

Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw-away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kidsgot hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana . In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. Weexercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull. But we didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school orwalked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart@ss young person.

Remember: Don't make old People mad.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off...

Longshots
23-01-2012, 9:37pm
Thats appalling - karma will get them back I have no doubt.

ameerat42
23-01-2012, 9:46pm
[head-shaking icons] All of the foregoing [/head-shaking icons] [sore neck from head-shakng icons] And again, all the foregoing [/sore neck from head-shaking icons]

Mark L
23-01-2012, 10:00pm
Angry some ppl are real bastards...
people make me mad... :angry0:

Allie
23-01-2012, 10:02pm
The person/s who did that horrible thing certainly put a lot of effort into torturing the poor mynah especially placing it where it could be found (although that was belatedly fortunate in this case) - such calculated cruelty is disgusting! Thanks for putting the poor bird out of it's misery. I do believe in discouraging invasive introduced species regrettably to the point of euthanasia but cruelty in any form is not acceptable! :(

Wayne
24-01-2012, 2:17am
Disgraceful. If I caught them, I would snap every finger on their hands.

ameerat42
24-01-2012, 9:21am
Not a small amount of reciprocal cruelty has been evoked by this thread: to be exacted on the perpetrators of the said act.
(However, I rest assured that it is only description of the outrage felt and not actual intention, otherwise the original culprit would appear relatively saintly!)

Ogre - a monstrous creature, probably derived from the words "Oh! Grrrr!"

rellik666
24-01-2012, 10:07am
It really makes me sick, there are more and more stories of people taking pleasure in being cruel to animals. What is it? Better reported? The faster the information is available to boarder we become? More notoriety for the individual?

Yes these birds are pests but it is not it's fault and should not suffer for it. But isn't it said that people that maim and hurt animals are just practicing and have a tendency to move to people? I have seen reports of a dog that had a firecracker placed in its mouth and a horse that was tranquillized so that it could be dismembered....sick sick sick..... Good on you Ving for doing the right thing.

LJG
24-01-2012, 10:16am
If there is one thing that gets under my skin it is lowlife mongrels who are cruel to animals. They are just scum in my opinion. Yes, it has been going on since time immemorial but you have to have kangaroos running lose in the top paddock to think something like that is in any way acceptable or even sane.

mechawombat
24-01-2012, 11:13am
KARMA!

She is a really mean B with an itch

She always makes it right

Papou
24-01-2012, 4:43pm
Pests or not, they are still a life upon this planet!! and they need to survive by whatever means they can .. I hope acts like that arent a sign of a direction some people are taking??..Doubt grown ups would do such a thing , would they??.. If young ones doing something like this to get a kick out of life then they certainly have missed or missing out from something at home:(, Very Sad Indeed...)..