PDA

View Full Version : Atar Results

Cyza
16-12-2011, 7:58am
well this morning, less than an hour ago the atar ( scores for year in Victoria) were posted, did anyone or at least anyone’s children find there’s out and want to share?

I only finished year 11 but did two year 12 subjects (English and further Math)

got 35 in each one, which means I met the pre-requisite needed for my preferred uni course (advertising at RMIT)

:)

Ezookiel
16-12-2011, 1:32pm
My youngest daughter by-passed the need for an ATAR by going into her preferred course (a double degree in paramedicine and nursing) - through the early achiever's program (she's already doing volunteer work with St John Ambulance, and other First Aid related stuff) at the Uni she's chosen, and got her offer a little while back. The early acheivers offers go out before most others, so she already has her's.
My oldest got a high enough ATAR to do Law, but decided to do Art & History as a double degree. It seemed like a waste of all the work she put in to get that high an ATAR (90 something from memory I think), but if it's what she wants to do then that's what really counts. No point being stuck doing something you hate when life is so short.