PDA

View Full Version : Is Santa Real ?

kiwi
15-12-2011, 9:03pm
I was just wondering, as my eldest just asked (he is 12) ?

SamNabz
15-12-2011, 9:05pm
Since he is only 12, I guess you'll need to put on the big red suit for a few more years :xmas31:

old dog
15-12-2011, 9:05pm
yep......tell him I said so.

fess67
15-12-2011, 9:14pm
The camera never lies - show him a pic :D

Mark L
15-12-2011, 9:29pm
If he's asked, then he's pretty much sussed it.
Maybe the question is "how do I explain.....?"

Kym
15-12-2011, 9:33pm
Santa - no.
But St Nicholas was an ok bloke... http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-st-nicholas/

crazymorton
15-12-2011, 10:26pm
I was just wondering, as my eldest just asked (he is 12) ?

of course he is.

yummymummy
15-12-2011, 10:37pm
Oh that's a tough one Darren, Corey was 12 also when he figured it out.. the hardest part for you now, is A) having to explain it to him, and B) having him keep it a secret from his brothers! You did well for him to believe for so long! :th3: well done!! :)

MJay
15-12-2011, 10:53pm
Ask yourself this, are you prepared to share the milk and cookies that are for 'Santa'? If not, tell him Santa still exists ;)

Cheers
MJ. :xmas31:

LJG
16-12-2011, 7:48am
Shame on you Darren, of course he is real, he even has his own Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus) page, and if he has that and is on the internet he must be real :santa:

kiwi
16-12-2011, 9:43am
I know he exists, its just harder to convince skeptical kids

LJG
16-12-2011, 10:01am
When my kids were young I tricked them with the air analogy, you can't see it, but you know it is there. It worked for a while.

Ezookiel
16-12-2011, 10:15am
We were mongrels to our kids. We told them the truth right from day one.
We set out never to lie to our kids about anything and never did. That included lies like Santa, tooth fairies, et al.
They seem to have survived having such fantasy-destroying parents, and honesty in everything has paid off hugely, because now they're just as honest with us about everything. They're 18 and 19 and we know where they are, what they're doing, who they're with, etc etc. If there WAS a Santa, they'd definitely be on his GOOD list.

bdparker
16-12-2011, 10:47am
12 is older enough to begin to understand adult concepts, so explain to him what Christmas is really about. You can do this without bursting the bubble so to speak.

Personally, I believe that most Christian adults still enjoy the 'Coke Cola' hijacked interpretation of Xmas, because it's all about giving; Re: Kym's link to St. Nickolas (also Googles).

I know when I was a teenager growing up in a low-income working-class family, you appreciated what you did get for Xmas (from your parents and relies) and stop complaining that 'Santa' didn't get you the lattes 'in' gadgets that all you mates had.

Tommo224
16-12-2011, 3:53pm
I found out when I was about 9 or 10 lol. Thanks to kids at school. Bastards, shattered my world.

Easter bunny however, I love that little bugger!

William
16-12-2011, 4:20pm
:confused013Well he has his own Web Site http://www.kriskringle.com/ Tell him to have a look here :)

Duane Pipe
16-12-2011, 4:27pm
My young'n is eight and figured it out when he was seven, We leave hints such as "Love from Dad" in the card that is attached the the gift and so forth

snappysi
16-12-2011, 9:40pm
When my daughter was about 5 or 6, she headed off to find all her easter eggs on easter morning. I have always hid the eggs all over the house for her to find and she has always loved easter morning for that very reason. This particular year there was an egg left behind the tv that i knew she had missed, ( a big one too ) and couldn't exactly tell her there was one more ( how would i know ?? ) so when she wasn't looking i picked up the phone and rang my mobile. I got on and talked in quite a loud voice saying .. " right... ok... i'll let her know... thanks " and hung up. When i got off the phone i said" you wont believe who that was, it was the easter bunny and he said to tell you that there is one more egg that you have missed ! She was so excited that the easter bunny had her dads phone number and that he called it was all she spoke about for about 3 days.....
I really do believe in keeping things like santa, easter bunny and tooth fairy alive for our little ones as long as possible.. once you lose your "innocence" for all the "fairy tales " in this world it truly is sad.....

Simon.

kiwi
16-12-2011, 9:45pm
Great story Simon

I still believe in fairy tales. Dominic is mine

snappysi
16-12-2011, 9:54pm
I still believe in fairy tales. Dominic is mine

There truly is the sentiment of a great dad behind that line....

Al the best to you and your family Darren...

Simon.

kiwi
16-12-2011, 9:58pm
And to yours mate

wmphoto
16-12-2011, 10:22pm
He better be real, I want my new lens that Mrs. Claus promised. :D

geoffsta
17-12-2011, 5:45am
For me, Santa got run over by a DC10. He was flying too low. But I know it's not true.
In fact I only wrote to him the other day. Here it is:
Santa.
I have been good all year....
Well... Most of ther year...
Umm. Sometimes anyway....
Bugger it.. I'll buy my own presents then. :christmasparty: