LJG
14-12-2011, 6:10pm
I think you'd be spot on with the duds Peter haha

milesy
14-12-2011, 7:48pm
love to know how they estimate 4%

kiwi
14-12-2011, 8:19pm
Would be pretty easy, just plot the graph back to start of photography to current using growth rates

SirLozalot
15-12-2011, 8:58am
I don't like posting my pics on facebook. I find it an issue of trust. Facebook has too much a history of bending privacy rules. I cannot help wondering what facebook will one day do with those 4% of 70 billion photos!

kiwi
15-12-2011, 9:16am
well, lets specualate that the worse happens and they now allow say getty or themselves to create a giant stock agency and start selling them ?

so ? how is that likely to effect me - surely it would be like flickr now, an opt in thing with a % of a sale going back to me

the alternatives i really cant see happening.

Cyza
15-12-2011, 10:20am
80% of that 70 billion will be 14 year olds posing in the bathroom with duck lips so big whoop. :lol:

but in all seriousness that is rather huge.

on a side note, would that be 4% of photos ever uploaded or shared, since it would not be possible to count the ammounts of photos taken and then deleted or never shared online?

junqbox
15-12-2011, 10:30am
Dare I say, that's 4% of the worlds photography not worth looking at, unless you're interested in drunken gurning.

Tommo224
15-12-2011, 11:08am
Dare I say, that's 4% of the worlds photography not worth looking at, unless you're interested in drunken gurning.

I have a lot of my photography photos on facebook, I have a facebook photography page that I use separately from my own profile. I share that out to people at Cosplay events, car events, etc. Just a spot people can freely look and leave feedback or share around! It's worked nicely so far for me.

On my own profile I have a lot of photos from parties as a central spot for my friends to get them/see them/whatever. So yeah, they'd be part of the 4% you can easily say aren't worth looking at (if you weren't involved in the events).

But I know of quite a number of talented people who share their photos on portfolio pages on facebook, it's a good way to get yourself out there to people you both do and don't know! Doesn't cost you anything, is all set up ready to go after a few clicks! :)

Just like Flickr.
Just, I'm sure Flickr doesn't destroy the quality of the photos like facebook does LOL!
I'm yet to delve in to Flickr myself :)