AsignObservatory
13-12-2011, 8:07pm
Got bored and wrote this up today.

I hope it helps.

Baz.

http://asignobservatoryii.webs.com/astrophotographytips.htm

Allie
13-12-2011, 10:07pm
I don't know why no one else has replied yet - that was just the right amount of very interesting information explained exceptionally well with "free" humour thrown in - I laughed to myself a couple of times. Thank you for sharing that - I have book marked it so, if you move it let me know.

peterking
13-12-2011, 10:08pm
Brilliant as always.
Thanks.

macmich
13-12-2011, 10:23pm
very use ful thanks for the info
macca

AsignObservatory
13-12-2011, 10:29pm
My pleasure folks.

Baz.

bricat
29-12-2011, 9:09am
Good right up. You must have done a few of those things yourself(mistakes I mean like flash) as you appear to be giving an expert opinion. As an aside the photo of the guy with all the telescopes etc what type of costs for that? I'm guessing thousands. Thanks for the write-up. cheers Brian

AsignObservatory
29-12-2011, 10:04am
Good right up. You must have done a few of those things yourself(mistakes I mean like flash) as you appear to be giving an expert opinion. As an aside the photo of the guy with all the telescopes etc what type of costs for that? I'm guessing thousands. Thanks for the write-up. cheers Brian

No I have never used my flash on a sky target. I have had others ask if it would be best to turn it on when taking photos of the moon...

The rig you see in my observatory is about $9K. However, as the article shows, you don't need a telescope for good astrophotos, which is the whole point of writing it.

dbax
29-12-2011, 10:23am
Thanks Baz, bookmarked :D

AsignObservatory
05-01-2012, 12:43am
Thanks Baz, bookmarked :D

My pleasure David!

Boo53
05-01-2012, 1:49am
Thanks for that Baz

I'd never heard of registax, sounds very interesting.

As I'd like to try this at some time & the kids have grown up, so no one would want to buy them, I'm waiting for my youngest son to make a barn door tracker as a first step. This was supposed to be his Christmas present to me (poor impoverished uni student pleadings) and it hasn't turned up yet, I may be in for a long wait, so playing with Registax might do for now

OzzieTraveller
05-01-2012, 9:34pm
G'day Baz

Thankyou for -yet again- an excellent description & examples from your world of astro photography
Bookmarked for future reference & bouncing to others

Regards, Phil

gabby
05-01-2012, 10:34pm
Great website, Baz. I did astronomy as an elective at Central Qld Uni and loved the views at totally bizarre hours of the morning of The planets up to Uranus and the Pleides through their telescope. I saw so much better there than I did through the bigger Sydney Observatory telescope... for obvious reasons. I hope to photograph some of the sights I saw some day as it is not something you ever forget.

arnica
01-02-2012, 12:10pm
LOL !!! I had a great laugh reading your article.

Thanks Baz, I'll definitely be using some if not all of the techniques described in your article

AsignObservatory
01-02-2012, 12:23pm
Go get 'em folks! I'll be interested to see how you all raise the bar now! Good hunting and clear skies!

Baz.