PDA

View Full Version : Just visiting

blissful
12-12-2011, 1:38pm
My wife and I will be in Tasmania from January 24 for 4 weeks. Part of the reason for the visit will be to be with our son, his partner and their young son who live in Penguin.
The other part will be touristing around in a camper van, going where the weather dictates with respect to the best photographic opportunities.

If at all possible I'd love to meet up with some of the people from this forum, perhaps in a photo shoot. Also, if you know of anything of interest happening in Tasmania in that time period please let me know.

rene52
12-12-2011, 2:43pm
What a great placfe to spend some time. I will be down there later than that just to stay in the North West coast area (we did the 'round' the Tasmania thing a few years back and just loved it. Strahan, Lake St Clair, Cradle Mountain, Penguin (yeah we got the shot with the penguin at the beachg there), Launceston and the surounds, Bicheno, Wine Glass Bay ..... the list goes on and on. This time we will spend 2 weeks near Arthurs River and Stanley and the Wilderness areas. I think we will have a great time taking photos.

Photogra
28-12-2011, 1:35pm
Hi Mike, are you heading down south of Tassie by chance. I am sure a few members on here could arrange a meet and we could have a photo shoot.

blissful
01-01-2012, 4:28pm
Hi Wendy - by south of Tassie I'm assuming you don't mean Antarctica :D

Yes, we'll be spending a bit of time around and south of Hobart and I'm open to meet around there somewhere. As I mentioned our itinerary will be partly weather determined and my primary focus will be on landscapes although I don't rule out anything else.

And from my past visit a year ago I have to admit that Tasmania would be one of the most photogenic places in a small area I can imagine - no wonder so many of the AP members live there.