PDA

View Full Version : Dear Electricity Company,

Ezookiel
10-12-2011, 5:38pm
Dear Electricity Company,
There is just the slightest possibility that my husband may have read a little too much into your letter stating our trees are too close to the powerlines. Unfortunately, they're now too close to the ground.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs Ezookiel.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i140/Ezookiel/Aus%20Photography%20CC%20Pics/ApricotPruning_09.jpg

Never tell a man with a chainsaw that his tree is too close to the powerlines.
The result may be environmental devastation.

ricktas
10-12-2011, 5:44pm
No Apricots this summer!.

Ezookiel
10-12-2011, 5:56pm
Or for the next couple of summers probably :(
No great loss. They're the wrong kind to dehydrate (they end end up bitter). And they all come ripe so fast, that there is only so much jam you can make before you end up wading around the yard in decomposing apricot slush, and that's after giving buckets and buckets of them away to everyone you know.

jwheat65
10-12-2011, 8:16pm
Hehe, not a professional... You can tell. :D
I would have cut off more. :)

Today I'm a tree surgeon.

Mark L
10-12-2011, 9:48pm
I would have cut off more. :)

I'm with John, it would help with future pruning. Not much fruit next year, but heaps the year after.
So now someone in the family needs to learn two things. How to prune apricot trees and how to make apricot jam, neither of which take long in the scheme of things.
We've started making unique labels each year and giving people jars of home made apricot jam for Christmas. People seem to love the personal touch (and the jam). Sure beats spending money on things people don't need or use.:th3:

arthurking83
10-12-2011, 9:55pm
If I were the Electricity Company safety inspector, I'd be less worried about the tree and more worried about the fact that this pole looks as tho it's close to 45° to vertical.

Ezookiel
11-12-2011, 9:40am
LOL. Yes, I straightened the photo using the pole, but our land is sloped, and so is the neighbours, but going by the rooflines, I'd say I may have screwed up the straighten a wee bit.

arthurking83
11-12-2011, 10:01am
.... I'd say I may have screwed up the straighten a wee bit.

lens was 18-200mm which will give a lot of perspective distortion, even a straight 18mm prime will do this, but in a different manner, but that's not the point.

It'll be hard to correct with simple straightening because you've 'looked up' with the lens and what this does is give you converging straight lines.

To correct this properly you would find a mid ground level point(using a horizontal line) and then use a distortion correction too to straighten the perspective distortion in the converging verticles.

I know PS has this feature(but have never used it). Doing so also loses some of the periphery of the image and a loss in IQ to boot.