PDA

View Full Version : A tad soft

wheellathe
05-12-2011, 10:18pm
Are there any D7000 owners out there who get a large percentage of their photos not quite sharp or slightly soft. Ive had my camera for almost a year and Im starting to notice that I might have a focusing issue. RE : AE/L AF/L button not focusing the camera ( my last post ) this problem has now started happening when I switched back to using the shutter button for focusing, it looks like a trip to Nikon at Lidcombe tomorrow

Roo
06-12-2011, 11:13pm
mine is fine I dont have that issue, only time is when i might be using spot and put it on the wrong thing. What has been annoying me of late is the processing place is printing darker than what i took.

fastr1red
06-12-2011, 11:26pm
When I first got my D7000 I had problems. It was just a bit of a learning curve getting used to the different methods available for the different situations I was presented with.
I "thought" it was the camera to begin with, but the more I worked on finding out how the focus worked the better my photos became.
I do miss a few but immediately look at the focus mode I've set or if it's correct I critique my own technique.

cupic
07-12-2011, 12:14am
With a Sig like yours I have found Sydney's 38Million dollar lottery winner :lol:

cheers

wheellathe
07-12-2011, 3:06pm
Sorry cupic that went way over my head.

Burnouts
07-12-2011, 4:55pm
Yeah I have noticed it as well, however going from a D40X to D7000 was a big step imo as everything is completely different now. I found the auto focus system on the D7000 a bit.. not complicated but "too much". I loved the single point focus on the D40X for action shots, regardless what setting I have my D7000 set on it still wants to focus on things that aren't even in the bracket eg people behind or beside the object.

wheellathe
08-12-2011, 7:11pm
Im with you on that one Burnouts my old D50 had single point focus . I had no issues with focusing then recomoposing ,anyway its going back to Nikon in the morning as some functions just stop working and wont restart and till they feel like it.