PDA

View Full Version : Tassie Christmas BBQ/Lunch?

ricktas
05-12-2011, 6:17am
Hi Tasmanian AP members.

The last year or two we have had a Christmas meet, being a visit to a pub somewhere between Hobart and Launceston. Should we do this again?
Or perhaps a BBQ somewhere?

Any thoughts or ideas, including dates?

CarolTas
05-12-2011, 11:06am
Would be good to catch up. I might wait and see what dates arise and see if I can make it.

charton
06-12-2011, 12:20pm
I won't be able to make it :(:(:(, the only weekend I have free is this weekend (maybe a bit short notice) and then working the following one plus other social function.

stoogest
06-12-2011, 1:41pm
Im up for it but im overseas at the moment, returning on the18th.

Andrew

ScottM
06-12-2011, 1:41pm
I can't promise to come, but depending what dates others propose?

Coral
06-12-2011, 10:19pm
Hi, love to meet up, pub sounds the go because of this weather, rain one minute, sunny the next. Make a day and hopefully I can get there, this Sat out for me but you won't be able to accomodate everyone. Cheers coral

ScottM
20-12-2011, 1:42pm
There wasn't too much interest this year it seems. Pity, but it can be hard getting people together at this time of year.

Maybe we should try for an Australia Day get together?

Was there a Taste get together last year? (I'm not a Taste-goer though...)

ricktas
20-12-2011, 6:52pm
Hey.

Sorry, my work has been really hectic, been working 10 hour days, so not much time to think about other stuff at present. Bring on Thursday, when it is all over.

Maybe a January BBQ is a good idea, we could do say do a BBQ followed by a sunset shoot somewhere?

ScottM
20-12-2011, 8:04pm
That's okay Rick!

It is difficult getting people together at this time of year. I'm glad I'm not working those hours at the moment. Bring on Friday for me :)

I like the January BBQ with sunset shoot idea too. A lot of people will probably be busy/away around Australia Day too, but I'm flexible around then.

How about a tentative date of Sunday 22nd, venue TBD? Anyone?

charton
20-12-2011, 9:40pm
Might be able to make this one.

stoogest
20-12-2011, 9:48pm
Just got back from overseas...I reckon January would probably work better for me as well. 22nd is looking ok at this stage as well.

Andrew.

41jas
21-12-2011, 1:35am
Rick you can always organise a BBQ and shoot somewhere when I'm over visiting. Though it would have to be early Jan. What ya reckon?
Who wants to meet me? :D

ricktas
21-12-2011, 6:13am
We can Jules. Im about to head out the door to work. Feel free to add any suggestions you like Jules. Any places you want to go, that you haven't been to before?

I enjoyed our day out to Lake Pedder, maybe we could do that again, and hope for less cloud cover.

ScottM
21-12-2011, 12:04pm
What dates are you over Jules?

41jas
22-12-2011, 12:38am
What dates are you over Jules?

We fly in on Boxing day and will be here for 3 weeks. So from Fly in 26th Dec....fly out on 14th Jan.
Would you rather it a Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Of course we will try and work around you guys and try and be where you plan, even if we have to come back because of the days you work and have free...... it would suit more I suppose it will have to be the weekend of the 7th and 8th Jan. I would imagine the new years eve weekend would be booked with parties. Name the place and we will be there. I'm not sure if I will have the interenet on while there but Rick can always get me on Facebook where I have that on my phone. My mobile Rick is 0402 063 096.
I'd love to catch up with Rick, Amy, Wendy, Jules...everyone. It's been way to long.
Ok...our plans for when we first get there so far would be to arrive Monday 6PM....Tuesday pick up camper, then shop for food and start heading south towards Cockle Creek, Bruny Island and then start making our way up. We could have it that we be back where you want by that weekend.
Nut it out and I will keep in touch. Looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe.

CarolTas
23-12-2011, 8:18am
Enjoy your holiday Jules. Hopefully I might be able to make this meet too.

41jas
23-12-2011, 9:15pm
There might not be a meet...Things have been left to late. Unless something happens very soon.
I hope so....fingers crossed. Even dinner with everyone would be nice. Last time we met at Hogs Breath and we had a ball.

ScottM
24-12-2011, 4:44pm
Are others around the state free earlier in the month? Otherwise we might have to organise two events - a local one early in the month, and a statewide one on the 22nd?

stoogest
24-12-2011, 5:17pm
I'm around earlier in the month. I'm planning on a doing a bit of bushwalking on weekends, but should still be able to fit in a meet I reckon. Got a few things on later in the month around Australia day that will make it a bit tough though.

Andrew.

41jas
24-12-2011, 10:19pm
Not sure after tomorrow unless Rick rings me but I won't have the net on to know what your plans are.
I know it's short notice but I was thinking even a dinner catch up????

Photogra
26-12-2011, 9:52pm
I would love to catch up on this meet if Rick can advise what we could do etc. with meeting Jules whilst down from Queensland. I can't meet up before the weekend of 7 and/or 8 January though.

41jas
26-12-2011, 10:26pm
My daughter gave me her Telstra stick with seems to work. Not sure when I can use it after tonight. Heading to Cockle Creek tomorrow. BUT heading back to Hobart after that. Though we are going to Bruny and the southern area...Not sure what day we will be home. Wendy, I will give you a call once we are back around Hobart and work something out with you hun...I can't wait to catch up again. Probably more chance catching up on Facebook when I have phone service. Don't worry Wendy I WILL see you. :)
Probably hard to make a meet out of it. I will catch up with who ever I can though.

Photogra
26-12-2011, 10:32pm
Check Facebook in about 20 minutes. Will send you private message.

CarolTas
28-12-2011, 10:49pm
I'm still interested but will try and fit in with whatever goes even if it is just for a drink and chat.