PDA

View Full Version : Action sequence

shakes
20-11-2011, 8:34pm
I've got some action sequence style photos - A bike rider doing a jump, and want to combing the 3 in the one photo.

I have lightroom on my computer, and have access to CS5 on a friends.

I can do an ok job of it in photoshop, Lassooing the section of each image, putting it overtop in a new layer and making it slightly transparent. I didn't shoot this off a tri-pod and as a result each image is slightly shifted to the last.

Is there an automatic script that can sort this out for me, or am I spending a bit of time getting it right?

Thanks.

shakes
20-11-2011, 9:24pm
Far from a 'good' photo but has a bit of a wow factor. I should of turned off auto focus, I really struggled with the light and where to meter from.

This iss my first go at manually stitching photo's together. I pasted each 'rider' into a new layer, with the bottom rider as the base layer, faded the opacity of the top two, and deleted the overlapping sections so it was a bit cleaner. Maybe not the best way to do it but it got me there... (does that make sense?)

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6229/6368215737_15bd391697_b.jpg

farmmax
22-11-2011, 5:54pm
Yes there is an automatic script in photoshop to take individual photos and attempt to align them as layers in the one image. How it will cope with one major object (the rider) changing, I'm not sure, but give it a go. These instructions are for CS3, so hopefully it is similar in CS5.

Open all the images in Photoshop.

Go to Files/scripts/Load files into stack

When the Load layers window comes up, click the "Add Open Files" button on the right, and then go and check the "Automatically Attempt To Align Source Images" box down below and then press OK.

I'd be interested to know how it ends up with the rider confusing the issue. It can take a while to work, depending on your computer.

ameerat42
22-11-2011, 7:28pm
Hmm! That's interesting too, Shakes.

shakes
23-11-2011, 1:26pm
Thanks, the combining thing in cs5 joined the images, but they became quite fuzzy and I lost the rider.

Looks like manually is the way to go. Was some good practice for me with layers. And lots of learning with rookie mistakes this was my first attempt at action photography other than cars. Lots of little errors with leaving the AF on, shutter speed to slow, metering from the wrong spots. But lots of learning :D

farmmax
23-11-2011, 1:58pm
I had a feeling the rider would confuse it because it is a big object and moves a long distance :(