PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!!

umajo
18-11-2011, 4:04pm
i am so excited :lol: a dream is going to come true all my life i have wanted to go to Africa:efelant: and i have just finished booking and paying for a 21 day wildlife tour for hubby and myself for next year ,,, camping through kumako :efelant::efelant::efelant::efelant: any hints would be appreciated

merlin1
18-11-2011, 4:14pm
Don't get eaten by a Lion.

ricktas
18-11-2011, 4:25pm
Hints. Considering your post. Elephants are grey, not pink...hehehe

Mat
18-11-2011, 4:32pm
Take photos :lol:

ameerat42
18-11-2011, 4:32pm
Hints. Considering your post. Elephants are grey, not pink...hehehe

That's what I herd, too.

William
18-11-2011, 4:34pm
I tried to Google where Kumako is ? Got this : http://www.kumukaafrica.com.au/ Dont get caught in any Hostage situations in West Africa , Should be a great Adventure

umajo
18-11-2011, 5:05pm
yes its a company who do the tours max 20 on tour i am so glad i thought elephants were pink,,,, and if i get eaten by a lion i will be happy to have been to afica:D

arthurking83
18-11-2011, 7:11pm
That's the spirit!
There's nothing as annoying as being eaten by a lion in Charters Towers! :p

Happy hunting.

old dog
18-11-2011, 7:45pm
get a really big gun and practice lots beforehand :th3: and I`m excited for you as well. I`d love to go there (Africa) ...maybe one day. I hate guns though :(

William
18-11-2011, 7:55pm
OK , I've been thinking about this , If I were on Safari in Africa, I'm betting it will be real dusty !! I would avoid changing lenses , My tip, Pick the best most versitile lens you can find , So as to not have to change all the time ;)

mongo
18-11-2011, 10:26pm
Mongo will send a jungle message to his friends over there to give you safe (uneaten) passage.

Take the right gear, have a great time and be safe

all the best from Mongo

PS - such a trip is on Mrs Mongo's planning books so would like to hear all from you on your return

Bennymiata
19-11-2011, 10:07am
I'm very jealous!
I'd love to go there too, but as I work for myself, and not having had a holiday since 1994 I'd be happy just to go away ANYWHERE let alone to Africa.

As this is such a life-time experience for you, and the place is very dusty etc., I'd take 2 bodies with 2 different lenses so you don't have to change lenses in the dirt, and also in case one body fails, and take a few batteries with you too.
I'd also be looking into something that can charge your batteries on the go, as you may be in areas without mains power, so a 12V charger may come in very handy.

J.davis
20-11-2011, 12:55am
I would look at getting a GPS for the camera - nice to know where you where.:th3:

Cargo
20-11-2011, 8:04am
Hugely greeeeeeeeeeen with envy :D
A trip of a lifetime ......... Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy
Cargo

Brian500au
20-11-2011, 10:14am
I have just spent 3 months working in the jungles in West Africa in a country called Gabon. This part of Africa you are travelling to is very real, and not over run by tourists. My advice to you is brush up on your French as most of the countries in West Africa only speak French. I would also advise you to buy, and take with you small gifts for the local children you meet on the way - simple things like Australian flag stick pins, those little kangaroo and Koalas you can buy in a packet of 12 from the markets or two dollar shops. I guarantee when you see the smile on their face it will make your day.

Have a great trip.

Cargo
20-11-2011, 10:54am
Hey Brian, I just discoverd Gabon from watching a show about some scientists working and living in a treehouse and then checking it out further, what a beautiful beautiful piece of the planet. I hope the ecotourism they are encouraging helps to keep this magical place safe ....... It is my absolute dream to one day visit. Lucky you to have been able to spend some time there ...Have you got any photos .... would love to see them :D
Cheers Cargo

Brian500au
20-11-2011, 11:53am
Unfortunately I was only planning on staying there a month for work which ended up being three months, so I did not even take a camera with me. BIG MISTAKE seeing as I spent 3 weeks in South Africa driving along the south coast up into Kruger National Park on my way home.

Gabon is very remote. Most cities are inaccessible by road, hence you spent a lot of time in small planes travelling around. Tourism visa's I believe are difficult to obtain, and the tourism industry there is next to nil. I do plan to visit South Africa in July again next year and I WILL take my camera with me.