PDA

View Full Version : What video editor software?

Darvidanoar
17-11-2011, 9:06pm
I just got back from a holiday in Korea where I found myself using my Canon 7D as a video camera. On previous holidays I've taken a Sony handicam, but this time my wife wasn't interested in carrying it around (fair call, when she very graciously carries my tripod for me anyway :)).

Normally I would use Corel Video Studio X4 to edit the MPEG2 files that come out of the Sony, as it's very clever about not re-rendering the original files that come out of the camera and does a pretty good job. But it always seems to re-render the .MOV files that come out of the 7D. So, I'm wondering if Corel VSX4 is still the way to go.

Now I know there are a few AP members that shoot video with their DSLRs, so ....

I'm interested to hear what software other people may be using and how they rated it?

Bennymiata
18-11-2011, 12:08pm
I use Premiere Elements 9 and find it quite good, and very cheap.

It can do almost anything, and will save the files in any size or format you want and will even upload to You Tube and remember your account settings etc.

I have used it for profesional video editing and fixing up old crappy videos and find it does 90% of the full Premiere suite for less than 10% of the cost, and it's a lot easier to use.

For $150 or so, it's well worth it.