PDA

View Full Version : Shooting tethered....

snappysi
13-11-2011, 10:13pm
Just curious as to who here shoots tethered at all..... as something i have been thinking about i am curious as to what others use...... an ipad, a atablet of any maker, laptop ???? Just not sure on the pros and cons of what is involved and would be interested to hear others thoughts...

Simon

kiwi
13-11-2011, 10:27pm
Is that the same as shooting when married ?

reflect
13-11-2011, 10:42pm
I shoot tethered to the Mac in studio and am thinking seriously about purchasing a Mac book for location. For me the difference is incredible, and my pp time has certainly fallen. The ability to review images on a large screen enables you to pick up the tiny details that are sometimes overlooked. I'm hooked or at least tethered. If you shoot Nikon there is a free download program, Sofitbild, I think it's called which is really quite good,Nikon of course want about $300 for their tethering program, Canon I believe supply software with the camera. Try it, I reckon you will like it.

JM Tran
13-11-2011, 11:23pm
for the majority of my commercial and fashion work its tethered to an MBP or to MBP with a larger external calibrated monitor on location too. It really depends on the job you are doing - but the ability for tethering allows the hair stylist, MUA, stylist, editor, model and anyone related to see what is going on and to improve on things if need be - such as touch ups, or lighting requirements etc.

snappysi
14-11-2011, 12:14am
thanks guys for your input. Andrew i agree, being able to see the little things on a larger screen would be hugely beneficial, everything looks good on the small lcd on the back..... one of the reasons i am looking into this,
Jackie for your work i would think that shooting tethered would almost be mandatory !!!!
kiwi, not quite, when you shoot tethered, you have the option to not shoot tethered depending on the day and how you feel.... try putting that past the missus !!!!!! :eek:

Simon.