PDA

View Full Version : interested members for a meet-up Dalby/Toowoomba areas?

Ian
04-11-2011, 9:24pm
are there any interested memmbers in and around Dalby and Toowoomba areas, interesed in a meet-up one week-end. say sometime after chrissy. the reason i suggested after chrissy is that i guess people will be a bit busy leading up to christmas. places in mind are Bunya Mtns, Toowoomba and surrounds, and there is some senic areas around Dalby. so if anyone is interested say after christmas/New Year period. i just thought i would throw this up and see if there was any interested parties, and then work dates then. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
05-11-2011, 12:10am
Depends on the dates but we will keep an eye on this. Thanks Ian. :)

Ian
05-11-2011, 12:32am
okay Jas, could make it say end of January through Feb, March. depending on what dates suits the marjority. i will have a think on that also try and sus some spots out. pappa

Steadyhands
05-11-2011, 6:05am
I'm keen.

Ian
05-11-2011, 11:55pm
thanks for the interest Greg. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

larrywen
06-11-2011, 7:01pm
I am looking for it. I can't remember when is last meeting, seems ages ago.

Thank you Ian for starting a meeting.:D

Ian
06-11-2011, 10:46pm
I am looking for it. I can't remember when is last meeting, seems ages ago.

Thank you Ian for starting a meeting.:D

that is fine Larry, i do not seem to get to meny of the Brissy meets i have only been to two this year. and that was the Abbey Festival and the Carnival of Flowers. other then taking photos, it is good to catch up with friends and meet new ones. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
16-11-2011, 11:33am
I'm free from Feb....that way I suppose Christmas will be over and done with and back into the swing of things. Heading to Tassie for 3 weeks after Christmas...I might even catch up with a few local APer's while I'm there if Rick wants to organise something...I'd love to see you all again. :efelant:

andylo
16-11-2011, 12:03pm
Sounds like a good idea.

Ian
17-11-2011, 9:28pm
thanks for the interest guys, i better get cracking, and see what is around, here is acouple of ideas, the Bunya Mtns, Maidenwell, the Woolshed, :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

larrywen
21-11-2011, 12:57pm
thanks for the interest guys, i better get cracking, and see what is around, here is acouple of ideas, the Bunya Mtns, Maidenwell, the Woolshed, :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

Our church is organizing a camp at woolshed in December, I will post some photos of that place if I can have some good ones.

41jas
26-11-2011, 11:08am
What about Bunya at Easter?

CHardy
26-11-2011, 3:46pm
Im interested...and I might have a couple of others tag along as well....Im usually free most dates, except wednesdays...will keep an eye on these posts as well....or add me as a friend and message that way?...

OzzieTraveller
26-11-2011, 7:52pm
G'day Ian

Dunno what our travel schedule is during March-April, but anything is possible ... I'll keep an eye on this thread

Regards, Phil

Analog6
27-11-2011, 6:50am
I'd be up for a Bunya meetup = haven't been there. When is Easter next year? OK, it isd 6/7/8/9 April 2012 - sounds good to me. I can start to squirrel aside some money for petrol etc.

Found a Bunya Mtns website (http://www.bunyamountains.com/) Has anyone used the campground at Dandabah - the map indicates it has showers, toilets, car camping, 'all mod cons' and a museum nearby

Ian
28-11-2011, 6:07pm
I'd be up for a Bunya meetup = haven't been there. When is Easter next year? OK, it isd 6/7/8/9 April 2012 - sounds good to me. I can start to squirrel aside some money for petrol etc.

Found a Bunya Mtns website (http://www.bunyamountains.com/) Has anyone used the campground at Dandabah - the map indicates it has showers, toilets, car camping, 'all mod cons' and a museum nearby

Hi Odille, the camping ground at the main section is alright but you have to be quick with the hot showers, that is going back a couple of years. and there is a little museum there. if the whether is right there is plenty of fungi about. looks like it might be leaning towards the Bunya Mtns. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

Allan Ryan
18-12-2011, 10:39pm
Will try to make it to this meet when it happens.
Especially if its the Bunya Mts - Haven't been there in years...

for those who haven't been before, you would usually see
Kangaroos, Bush Turkeys, Small Waterfall, Fungi, views from the mountain in places
lots to see....

You could buy bird seed and the birds come down to you :)

Allan Ryan
20-01-2012, 10:50pm
Not good shots but you can see the fungi is big and colorful
and the birds like to come and say hello :)

DAdeGroot
05-02-2012, 12:38pm
Bunya is great. There are little wallabies that hand around all day, and the facilities are quite good. Be aware though, it'll be packed at Easter, and there's a good chance it'll be raining (of the last 5 visits I've been up there, once it didn't rain).

Ian
12-03-2012, 7:40pm
most humble appologies to one and all have been unable to get this of the ground, will try again at another time. so again most humble of appologies. :sad68::food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)