PDA

View Full Version : online tutorials

sierradog
01-11-2011, 5:38pm
I am very new to digital photography and photo editing and joined Aus Photography about a year ago and my access has lapsed. Now that I have a bit more time I am back and wanting to learn. Can someone recommend an online tutorial for adobe elements as well as basic photography? I will also certainly be reading with great interest all the beginners tips on here as well. I am trying to get to a point where I don't have to rely on post editing as much and actually get better shots right from the camera.

Thank you for the help,

Sierradog

ricktas
01-11-2011, 5:42pm
try youtube!

bobt
01-11-2011, 5:57pm
I am very new to digital photography .... Can someone recommend an online tutorial for adobe elements as well as basic photography?

Sierradog

There are probably a lot of links here, and I have some on my club site at http://home.vicnet.net.au/~esps/training.html .However, rather than fuss too much about fixing images in Elements I'd probably get to know your camera first. Not sure what you have, but knowing what all the controls are for and then learning when to use them is my preferred option. The manual will tell you quite a lot about the controls and why and when to use them. Next step is to take a zillion photos, and get used to what works and what doesn't. Enrolling in a course is always a jump start, but basically when all else fails Google is your friend and has taught me most of what I know (along with practice.)

sierradog
01-11-2011, 6:33pm
Thank you bobt. I think you are spot on. I need to learn my camera (Sony A55) first and go from there. Thanks again.

Sierradog

sierradog
01-11-2011, 6:34pm
See ricktas, I told you I was new! I never even thought of youtube.

ricktas
01-11-2011, 6:35pm
But you are not new, you have been a member for nearly 12 months. The only thing stopping you being anything other than new, is yourself.

sierradog
01-11-2011, 7:32pm
No disagreement here!

Papou
25-07-2012, 4:56pm
There are probably a lot of links here, and I have some on my club site at http://home.vicnet.net.au/~esps/training.html .However, rather than fuss too much about fixing images in Elements I'd probably get to know your camera first. Not sure what you have, but knowing what all the controls are for and then learning when to use them is my preferred option. The manual will tell you quite a lot about the controls and why and when to use them. Next step is to take a zillion photos, and get used to what works and what doesn't. Enrolling in a course is always a jump start, but basically when all else fails Google is your friend and has taught me most of what I know (along with practice.)

I most heartedly agree with bobt here. Spent somuch time trying to improve or corrrect my images in photoshop at first where i shoud have been trying to capture my image correctly in camera first and leaving as little wark as possible in ACR and lastly Photoshop itelf.
(1) try get you metering correct, App ,ISO, Shutter spped and know what to meter off for the day or location.
(2) Tripod or whatever to get the image as sharp as possible.
And offcourse not to forget your composition ,but i do think the above you should tackle first (Just my thoughts offcourse)..
Shoot in Raw and atleastyou can salvage as much as possible from your shot via ACR or whatever program you use and that will leave little to do in Photoshop itself.
Kept it short hoping not to confuse..
Hope this has helped..