PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Overnight Road Trip For Some Star Trails

matthews
31-10-2011, 4:30pm
Hi All Brisbanites

Would anyone be keen for a road trip out west one saturday night, away from those pesky bribane lights. I had my first attempt at stacking some star shots from Nudgee beach thinking that would be relatively dark. Needless to say to anyone with experience in this that it turned out terrible.

I want to do it properly.

If you are keen, feel free to suggest some good places for this. how far west do we need to go? I'm pretty keen to go as far as i need to and maybe take a tent etc.

Matt

mcmahong
01-11-2011, 9:30pm
Although I probably can't join you, I have a friend who is a keen astronomer and photographer. He goes to a place near Lowood in the Lockyer Valley. His ID here is AMD72. You could send him a personal message to find out some more details.

Dwarak
03-11-2011, 9:17am
I would be interested in star-trails I have not been doing much of it lately can suggest few places near Brisbane lake moogerah stanthrope are few.

Jacs14
05-11-2011, 1:54pm
I'm keen ;) ... Lake Moogerah can be good ... I have also been thinking about trying out the back of the Somerset Dam just past Woodford, which isn't quite so far to go. Happy for most suggestions and to go with the flow

Dwarak
13-11-2011, 4:06pm
Think Tuesday is looking good planning to go out to kilcoy side to take some star freeze shots and maybe some star-trails.