William W
31-10-2011, 6:39am
Nice.
It has "Classic Style".

Thanks for sharing

WW

ricktas
31-10-2011, 6:41am
Something I haven't seen as a tattoo before.

Duane Pipe
31-10-2011, 6:50am
Nice art work trippy

Bennymiata
31-10-2011, 10:18am
What happens when you go digital?

triptych
31-10-2011, 10:40am
What happens when you go digital?

I dont get this comment, is this an attempt at being a smart alec?

ricktas
31-10-2011, 1:28pm
I dont get this comment, is this an attempt at being a smart alec?

I get it, it was funny! I think Benny was just crcaking a joke, rather than being a smart alec!

Tommo224
31-10-2011, 1:45pm
Interesting concept, I like it!

The tattoo design looks great.

Obviously it has a lot of personal reasonings behind it :)

Duane Pipe
31-10-2011, 2:14pm
Im with Rick:lol:

William W
31-10-2011, 2:22pm
Did you make the photo?

It is quite intriguing if you did.

A Photographer makes a Photograph, which on one level is simply a copy of an Artwork, made by someone else.
But that artwork is located on/in the Photographer.
She then shows the Photo, to other Photographers . . . because the Artwork is now part of herself.

So on the next level, the Photograph becomes a Self Portrait and not just a copy of an Artwork.

WW

kiwi
31-10-2011, 2:34pm
what's the background ? did you like that brand ? and the rose I dont quite get - was that there before ?

I like the inkwork too

ApolloLXII
31-10-2011, 3:42pm
Great ink :th3:. Shows a real passion for photography. While I, too, can see the attempt at humour of Bennymiatas' comment, I also have to say that it's a bit lame. :umm:

triptych
31-10-2011, 4:01pm
what's the background ? did you like that brand ? and the rose I dont quite get - was that there before ?

I like the inkwork too

I wanted a tattoo to represent my love of photography, while the brand isnt something I have personally, I really loved the look of the camera and tbh dont like the look of new camera's as tattoo's. So I was tossing up between this camera and the Canon AE-1 so took both images to the tattooist and we agreed that the Rolleicord would better suit a tattoo, the style of tattoo is "old School" so roses and dots and stuff are synonymous with the style, I gave him full artistic licence to create the design, the only thing I said I wanted was it to be in the sepia colours, but he could choose everything else. It turned out so much better than even what I had in my mind of what I wanted.

kiwi
31-10-2011, 4:01pm
really ? i thought it was quite funny, all humour is quite personal isnt it

kiwi
31-10-2011, 4:03pm
I wanted a tattoo to represent my love of photography, while the brand isnt something I have personally, I really loved the look of the camera and tbh dont like the look of new camera's as tattoo's. So I was tossing up between this camera and the Canon AE-1 so took both images to the tattooist and we agreed that the Rolleicord would better suit a tattoo, the style of tattoo is "old School" so roses and dots and stuff are synonymous with the style, I gave him full artistic licence to create the design, the only thing I said I wanted was it to be in the sepia colours, but he could choose everything else. It turned out so much better than even what I had in my mind of what I wanted.

thanks for the explanation

triptych
31-10-2011, 4:03pm
Its gone way over my head, so I apologise for my comment, just dont get the humour!

Roo
31-10-2011, 4:25pm
inkwork is really popular the past few years, go figure, they look really nice on young bods, damn they look pretty awful on old bods.

Bennymiata
01-11-2011, 10:00am
Please excuse my attempt at humour.
People who know me sometimes call me a smart arse, so I guess at least one part of me is smart. :D

Sorry, I should have used a :D after the post.

The tattoo is beautifully done and you can see it was done by a talented artist, as so many tattoos are poorly done, and I guess if you are going to wear it for a lifetime, make sure it's a good one.
The Rolleis were great cameras, and they certainly have a real "camera" look about them and will never date.

All the best! :)

sunny6teen
01-11-2011, 7:15pm
well, no one can question your arm's reflexes.

okay....that was a bad joke. no more Rollei puns.

ApolloLXII
02-11-2011, 3:26pm
well, no one can question your arm's reflexes.

okay....that was a bad joke. no more Rollei puns.

Now that's pretty funny. :lol:

ving
08-11-2011, 1:36pm
well i thought bennys comment was funny too... :p

anyhow great looking tat, love it.