PDA

View Full Version : custom setting 36 on the K7

mudman
29-10-2011, 11:18am
could someone explain how how AF adjustment, option 36 in custom settings, on the k7 works? please

bdparker
29-10-2011, 12:30pm
I hope is the same option, but after the last couple of firmware updates it becomes option 37

But anyway, it adjust of the focal point, fowards/backwards (I gues you may already know that), see page 121 of the manual.

When you enter the menu you get 1. Off 2. On, select 2 and then arrow left or right will enter the setting page.

then you can make your adjustment to either to 'all' your lenses or just the one currently attached (at that given time, it rembers the setting for each individual (up to 20 lens types)).

make your adjustment then press set to save, menu to exit.

I hope this helps.

reaction
23-11-2011, 11:25am
do a search for LensAlign MkII before you try to play with that setting!

Lance B
23-11-2011, 12:08pm
I find that the focus charts are helpful as a start, bu then go out and try on a variety of subject matter at both close and mid distance from camera, maybe 1mt to 5-8mts. As far as I can recall, Pentax use the "+" for back focus and "-" front focus, ie you have to add or use + to get the focus forward for back focus issues, and reduce or use - to push the focus back for front focus issues.

Also, you may find that with a zoom, say a 50-135, the focus my be good at say 135mm, but be back or front focused slightly at 50mm, or visa versa. Don't be disheartened as it is rare that all are 100% perfect. Most get the AF to be right at the long end and not so much at the wider end as it can be more obvious at the long end.

reaction
23-11-2011, 7:01pm
yeh with a zoom 50-135, it's said to test at tele eg 135mm where DOF is narrowest and errors most obvious.
whatever you do it'll never be 100% due to tolerances tho :confused013