PDA

View Full Version : Its time to spend some money.....bugger!

reflect
27-10-2011, 7:20pm
Hi all, I need to replace my old studio lights. They cant be repaired, rewired, taped or coaxed into life any more. Three dolphin torches would be more useful really and I have even resorted to using speedlights when I really shouldn't ( strobists dont get upset I love my speedlights in the right setting). My old lights were 1832 vintage Bowens, very second hand from the time I got them and of course, now I have an affilation for Bowens adaptive modifiers. I am willing to listen to all arguments for Bowens compatibles lights as I am looking at about $3500 to buy a three head 500w set. This would be great but ebay has told me I am not allowed to auction the kids. Seriously they are great lights, but there is a lot of knowledge on this forum so I thought I would ask....Thanks
Sorry, meant to say mainly for portrait, glam and fashion. The ability to have a travel pack arrangement is desirable.

Tommo224
28-10-2011, 8:59am
I haven't looked in to it much, but curiosity has made me search the internet for lights for a mini studio that I was attempting to set up at home.

But alternatives to big bucks, well, I'm always one for looking in that direction haha..

eBay has lots of lighting options available for varying budgets. A lot even come with travel bags, all the stands, some even with globes and lights :)

Also try:
http://www.hypop.com/

And there is a shop I know of in Sydney, according to their website they're in Brisbane too? Dragon Image.

littleblightie
01-11-2011, 3:20pm
You may find you're able to find speed rings for other light brands with your brand of modifiers...