PDA

View Full Version : have you seen the new named coke bottles?

crazymorton
25-10-2011, 10:32pm
i was down in Melbourne last week for work and noticed these in the local take away.

the 600 ml bottles with various christian names on the labels.

interestinig marketing ploy :scrtch:

JM Tran
26-10-2011, 12:28am
one of the best marketing strategies for any company I have seen in a long time actually.

the sheer amount of people going out of their way to find their own names and buying it for souvenir sake is staggering - even if they dont drink Coke normally. Some places can customize your name onto the can I think without Photoshop according to a friend who did it.

well done to Coke for coming up with this and reaping the profits and expanding their target audience to god knows who and where now.

ricktas
26-10-2011, 6:43am
hmm. Can't say I have noticed, cause I might drink fizzy drinks once a year, if that, so I don't even look at the fridges etc they are in.

I @ M
26-10-2011, 7:22am
It could be a good idea for tracking down the perpetrators of a bit of mindless thuggery (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-25/new-link-between-soft-drink-and-violence/3599956) if they happen to drop a couple of autographed cans at the scene. :rolleyes:

AmyK
26-10-2011, 9:37am
I've been hunting for one with my name on it for a couple of weeks.
Have managed to find an 'Emily' one for one of my closest friends, a 'Melissa' one for her mum, a 'Mark' one for my partner, and a can that says 'Share a coke with your sis' for my sister...haven't given it to her yet, cause last time I saw her she was being an arrogant little so-and-so.

rellik666
26-10-2011, 9:49am
I have a friend that works there and even he can't find one with my name on it......shame it is Coke and not zero or diet though.....

I am with JM and think it is a great ploy! I know a few people that have queued for hours to get their name at one of the can demo's.

Love the adverts too....really cool! :th3:

Lance B
26-10-2011, 9:58am
Wait till they come out with cameras with names on them! :D

ameerat42
26-10-2011, 10:21am
Awp!
Which might roughly mean (if you bother to waste a thought on it)...
One small step for canned minds; one giant leap for company's profits.

(You guessed right: I won't be hunting 4 my name on them.)

Rattus79
26-10-2011, 12:51pm
i got one that said share a coke with your boss. Needless to say that I tipped it out.

crazymorton
26-10-2011, 6:45pm
funnily enough i haven't even seen the adds. because of work i was in the office all day then dinner and drinks all night. didn't see TV for a week. (didn't miss much from what i can tell)

Bennymiata
28-10-2011, 10:48am
I used to drink around 40 cans of Coke a week.
But about 4 years ago, I gave it up.

I wonder when they'll bring out bottles of soda water with my name on it?