PDA

View Full Version : Fishing.

KeeFy
23-10-2011, 9:57pm
I'm not much of a gear head when it comes to fishing. The only thing i do spend $$ on is fluorocarbon line. It's been kinda proven over and over when i do catch more stuff vs friends. My rod and reel combo costs me like $40 bucks on sale from the local rays outdoors.

So i've been given a telescopic rod but i can't see any line weight or anything along those lines. Opens out to 5.3m. Any ideas if i can cast it like a normal rod with weights and what's the line weight? I saw people using it at the docks the other day and they were not using weights just a float and line.

http://sfcfishing.en.ecplaza.net/catalog.asp?DirectoryID=213315&CatalogID=1781603

Took me a while to even find this link! Would be great if someone knows anything about this rod.

Many thanks in advance!

martz8
24-10-2011, 7:49am
From what i can work out from the size of the rod approximate line weight from 5-12 KG.
Hope this helps.

Marty

jimbob12
24-10-2011, 9:14am
By your description I would say it sounds like a... Hmmm we have a term for it here but can't really say it incase it offends someone which I would never want to do :s
Basically you use it just like a pole with a length of line off the end of it to the depth you want with either a float attached or a squid jig or just a unweighted hook.
When the fish or squid take the bait, you just lift the pole up... Good fun when u hook a trevally or pinkie on them :) tho some people do have a little reel on them so they can adjust the depth easier...
So I suppose you could use any size breaking strain line on it...