PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner William W?

William W
14-10-2011, 5:39pm
When I log in here, there is always a little greeting message – quite interesting sometimes, for example at 0200hrs the computer asks me if I can’t sleep.

What business is it of the Computer if I can’t sleep?

It should be happy that I logged in here and not that American Site where they are all awake and active and talk to me . . .

But this evening it asked me “What’s for dinner?”

I have looked high and low and there’s no sensible mechanism for response (I might be missing it)?

So the answer is here:
Pork Fillets which I have been marinating in Tamari and Grape-seed Oil, and they will sliced about ¼inch and quick, dry fried and tossed into a light stir-fried Asian Vegetable mix.
Garnish is Pine nuts and a light Hoy-Sin Sauce.
A New Zealand White.

So what’s for you dinner?

WW

Tikira
14-10-2011, 5:49pm
Smart computer's we have , William, I just wish when it says "sunset or night shoot?" that it would take into account the weather forecast:lol:
PS- I will be there for dinner- it sounds yum.... coulld you keep it warm for say around 8 hours or so?:umm:, otherwise it may have to be two minute noodles until Wayne gets home with lamb chops. Oh well, such is life.

Di

I @ M
14-10-2011, 6:03pm
Same question here actually. :rolleyes:

Nothing quite as fancy as yours though William, just a simple spag bol.
500 grams of mince, a couple of onions, plenty of garlic, some tinned tomatoes and paste with liberal addition of herbs, a generous dash of chilli, Celtic salt and ground pepper. All served over packet spaghetti which along with most of the ingredients come from Aldi. :D

Had to edit it to include the best part --- I just love Parmesan cheese.

mudman
14-10-2011, 6:05pm
my greeting right now says 'did i buy milk'. how do i tell a bit of software that yes i did buy milk?:scrtch:

ricktas
14-10-2011, 6:24pm
Hehehehe. The little notification is just our way of personalising the site a bit more, and other than starting a thread, there is no way to reply to it.

I am having Pizza tonight..got a couple of mates coming round, who offered to bring Pizza..and of course I said NO...not likely.

Though tomorrow night I have planned to have Prawns in fresh fettuccine with garlic, egg yolk, cream, white wine sauce, with shaved parmesan, if I get round to making it, and maybe even a lemon cheesecake with strawberry sauce.

and mine is asking if I would consider a sunset shoot?

William W
14-10-2011, 6:34pm
other than starting a thread, there is no way to reply to it.
. . . and I have spent since Aug 5th trying to work out where to reply to the messages. . .
. . . worse still . . .
the Bok Choy is all gone so, I now have to improvise!

WW

PS: Personalization of the site was understood: the content of my post was predicated on some dry wit and personalising "myself" to fit into the "personalized and happy" site here.
I love cooking, it relaxes me.
Bon Appétit!

PPS - yes sunset or night shot now . . . but it is overcast here.

William W
14-10-2011, 8:10pm
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/14400832-md.jpg

arthurking83
15-10-2011, 12:14am

I have looked high and low and there’s no sensible mechanism for response (I might be missing it)?

:confused:

you obviously found it then!!

:p

FWIW: tonight, I had mussels steamed in a sweet chilli and ginger sauce, Lapin aū claret jus (which is a poncy version of baked rabbit, or alternatively stiffathou), stuffed capsicums, which is a greek staple(alt .. yimmeesta) a glass and a half of water, a streets mini heart ice creamy thing, a cuppa instant coffee(ftoo, ftoo, puke .. but coffee is coffee and ya just gotta have it after dinner)

Now it's telling me that I'm obviously tired and asking me "shouldn't you be be going to be soon" .. I dunno! .. should I? You're the smarty pants little know it all massage generator up there little computerised questionnaire .. you should already know this answer!! :D

oh and credit where credit is due too. Thanks Mum for the wabbit and the stuffed caps. Thanks sis for the yummy steamed mussels .. and thanks kids for being kids and always receiving offers of ice creams by my mum, which then had me yelling out for mine too, because without the kids there I'd otherwise be forgotten as the favourite child(of 5) and hence no ice cream offerings!

You really think I was going to waste all that time cooking mussels, rabbit and stuffed caps for myself(or anyone else for that matter) when my staple diet is a slice of plain white bread, possibly as a gourmet treat with a dab of peanut butter over it too. Nup! it's off to mums on a Friday night when I'm late, hungry and too tired to cook for myself :p

..anyhow, I'm now tired and off to bed ;)

JM Tran
15-10-2011, 12:22am
Dinner for me tonight after gym composed of

-protein shake chocolate flavour and 400ml of skim milk
-2 salmon oil capsules
-2 Kre-Alkalyn capsules (creatine)
-2 Gluta-lyn capsules (glutamine)

40 mins later followed by a few hundred grams of steak, some salads and a bit of rice

this is about 5 nights out of 7 in a week for me:D

William W
15-10-2011, 5:18am
f
Dinner for me tonight after gym composed of . . .

-2 Kre-Alkalyn capsules (creatine)

Assuming you sleep at night, and do not do any training, post the evening meal: why do you take ph Balanced Creatine, a few hours before sleeping?

WW

JM Tran
15-10-2011, 6:12am
f

Assuming you sleep at night, and do not do any training, post the evening meal: why do you take ph Balanced Creatine, a few hours before sleeping?

WW

I take 2 before training, and 2 right after training. On off days, which is Friday and Sunday, I take 2 after dinner - Im not an early sleeper. The Kre Alk form of Creatine I find to be slightly more efficient than creatine monohydrate in keeping the muscle form lean and I dont get that deflated feel after a long workout, nor do I need to mix it with water or juice first so the pills are handy. This is the recommended dosage for my level of training regime and body, other colleagues who compete in bodybuilding or do it for fitness like me all have different requirements for their daily intake.

William W
15-10-2011, 9:03am
The additional information about your supplement dosage is interesting, thank you.

WW

Roo
15-10-2011, 9:56am
roast chook, roast veg and a Swedish flavoured Cider was consumed for dinner last night, moost enjoyable.

Ezookiel
15-10-2011, 11:02am
Mine is asking me if I need a coffee - GOD YES!!!
Once I'm awake enough to go get one I'll do exactly that.

I quite like the little things it comes up with. It does personalise the site nicely. But it is a shame it doesn't understand the weather when it asks (though I've been eyeing off a waterproof bag for the 60D for some underwater photography, so maybe weather won't matter if I sacrifice some lens purchases and get that instead ;) )

B D H
15-10-2011, 12:10pm
my greeting right now says 'did i buy milk'. how do i tell a bit of software that yes i did buy milk?:scrtch:

I did appreciate this greeting once - I really did forget to buy milk, so I raced out to the shop before it shut
otherwise it was black coffee in the morning - not a good start

William W
15-10-2011, 12:29pm
. . . mine is now asking me if I am enjoying my lunch break . . .
it is definitely programmed with a food bias.

WW

Ezookiel
15-10-2011, 5:42pm
Maybe ricktas was hungry when he programmed it :)

crazymorton
15-10-2011, 6:13pm
i have never seen this? but i usually troll via my ipad.
could this be why?