PDA

View Full Version : back from Greece today & back to work tomorrow for 2 weeks arghhhh

britinozz
05-10-2011, 11:06pm
Well i had a great time in Uk and Greece ive got a hard drive full of pics but away to work tomorrow what a bummer ohh well i got a lot of processing to do when i get back.
With the Greek air traffic control we were delayed in London for 2hrs to Santorini which wasn't bad after hearing some were delayed 5 hrs flew with Easy Jet they slammed us with a 70 pound because our bags were over weight mmm must have been my tripod but flying with all other air lines Air France,Klm,Olympic, Qantas we were never charged. Any way on our way back we flew from Santorini to Athens again flight delayed 2 hrs because of strike then when we got to Athens another delay we had to sit on the plane for over a hr due to strike so when we got to Paris to get connecting flight we missed it so we were put up in a hotel with no luggage and flew out from Paris the next evening at 11.30pm so we had a day in Paris which was a bonus so as my wife slept i rushed to the Eiffel Tower and some some quick pics then rushed back as it was over an hour from airport hotel to Eiffel Tower .
the great thing out of this is that we got great seats from Paris to Singapore over the bulk head so plenty of leg room and from Singapore to Brisbane we got upgraded to Premium Economy which was very nice .We went straight to sleep when we got home and im up now for a hr then back to bed for a 5am drive to Dalby for 2 weeks away at work any way will post some pics as soon as i can.

bricat
06-10-2011, 7:41am
And carrying all your gear around would you do anything different?

britinozz
07-10-2011, 12:14am
I carried a backpack with canon 5 d mk2 and 17-40 plus 70- 105 , flash, filters hard drive leads, batteries etc weight approx 12 kilos I also packed my tripod in suit case so I was pretty weighted down.
Question would I change any thing mmmmm no as I used all of the equipment I sweated heaps in greece but I think it was worth it .
As soon as I get time I will post some pics .

KeeFy
07-10-2011, 4:29pm
Sounded like a looonnnnggg way to get home! But awesomely you got a great chance to take a peek at the tower! Looking forward to seeing your photos!