PDA

View Full Version : Victoria vs Queensland.

I @ M
02-10-2011, 7:05am
After a week and a bit of putting the feet up a little bit North of Cairns I have decided that the Victorian government could learn a lot from their Queensland counterparts.
In a large variety of ways they make the smaller but more heavily populated Sothern state look absolutely pathetic especially away from the capital city with a far more user friendly road and public transport network.
The other very noticeable difference is the attitude of drivers on the road in general, far more courteous and less inclined to be in a screaming hurry to save 5 seconds at the next set of traffic lights.
I like it. :)

geoffsta
02-10-2011, 7:26am
Welcome back, Mate.
How was the weather? I hope you had a good time.
By the way.. This state can learn a lot from all the other states.

I @ M
02-10-2011, 7:31am
We are still here Geoff, might be a hard time getting SWMBO back to Vic seeing as it is still around the 30 degree mark most of the time. :D

kiwi
02-10-2011, 7:54am
Everything is cruisy in FNQ

I suspect seq is much like Vic

Duane Pipe
02-10-2011, 9:34am
Dont be in to much of a hurry to come back Andrew the weather isn't that good here yet.
I am sick to death of drivers attitudes here in the Valley, my bloody bloods boiling now just thinking about it,
I drive my mother's car down the street from time to time and whilst in her car I avoid an accident just about every time NO SHIT
I hop in my Hilux with a bullbar and say to myself bring it on now you [xxxx] but they never seem to pull out in front of me in the lux
I would not hesitate to ram some ######## that dose it, Just the other day a [xxxx] pulled out in front of me, I had to break hard to avoid hitting him in mums car, I was in a mates car 2 weeks ago and a pedestrian 16 year old walks out in front of his car we had to stop to let her past, [xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx], I can see how people get involved in road rage...
Thats enough Andrew I now have to recompose myself..

Please keep the language with acceptable public norms. We have readers of all ages here and have to be careful about the image we present for that reason. Please bear in mind that this is a public forum and not all people appreciate colourful epithets.

Art Vandelay
02-10-2011, 9:44am
Can a moderator please delete this thread.

Nth Qld is full. :D

ricktas
02-10-2011, 3:57pm
Can a moderator please delete this thread.

Nth Qld is full. :D

Full of ?????

Boo53
02-10-2011, 5:45pm
The traffic is better in Cairns than Marlo? Boy Marlo must have kicked on since I was there last.

NE Vic doesn't do too bad though, 10-12 trains a day to the City, some of the expresses even have snack cars. 3 bus routes around town on a 15-20m loop (I think thats the frequency, when I've needed to get somewhere without the car recently I've just hopped on the treddlie, nothings that far away).:D

Art Vandelay
03-10-2011, 10:42am
Full of ?????

Well, we're full of lots of things :D

But we have enough people.

Lance B
03-10-2011, 10:55am
Andrew, don't forget, Queensland does get a better slice of the GST tax revenue split up when compared to the population of the southern states who actually pays the most taxes. It has been the bone of contention for many a year now.

That should stir things up a bit. :D

I @ M
09-10-2011, 6:53pm
My opinions haven't changed. :D

Kiwi, you might be right but the best thing about getting to Nth Qld is flying over Sth Qld at 30,000 + feet. :rolleyes:

Dave, the valley has always been like that though, something to do with the lack of feeling between the accelerator pedal and the moccasins in the main street of Moe. :p

Art, you might be right, saw plenty of people staggering around after too much of that xxxx energy drink.

John R, I'm talking about a place 1700 odd klm away from the capital city of the state that has great ameneties and super clean and on time public transport, we are 400 klm away in Marlo and have to travel 100 klm to actually find public transport, you on the other hand live in a suburb of Melbourne :D and like the rest of the city centric state that Vic is expect these things. :rolleyes:

Lance, that is a valid point -- but -- I still reckon they spend it better up there, if we were to suddenly up the GST pay back to Vic and NSW I reckon all we would see for it would be a new improved govt car fleet and and an increase in the limit on the bureaucrats corporate credit card limits. :o

Boo53
10-10-2011, 1:22am
My opinions haven't changed. :D

John R, I'm talking about a place 1700 odd klm away from the capital city of the state that has great ameneties and super clean and on time public transport, we are 400 klm away in Marlo and have to travel 100 klm to actually find public transport, you on the other hand live in a suburb of Melbourne :D and like the rest of the city centric state that Vic is expect these things. :rolleyes:

Actually, no I don't. I live in the bush just like you.

kiwi
10-10-2011, 5:55am
I'm a Melbournian for the next few weeks so we will see !!

I @ M
10-10-2011, 2:58pm
Actually, no I don't. I live in the bush just like you.
Just kidding John, it is a commonly held belief these days that any town at the 100klm radius on the major arterials into Melbourne is part of the suburbs or very soon will be. That seems to be where the traffic jams start. :D

Hope it doesn't leave too bad an impression on you Darren.

geoffsta
10-10-2011, 3:26pm
Don't forget to pack for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. :D

Speedway
10-10-2011, 3:41pm
I'm a Victorian, born and bred in Melbourne and I still recon the best view of the city is in the rearview mirror as I head up the Calder Hwy on the way home to Cowangie (Pop 4) 550km north west and about as far away as you can get and still be in Vic.
Keith.

Lance B
10-10-2011, 4:32pm
Lance, that is a valid point -- but -- I still reckon they spend it better up there, if we were to suddenly up the GST pay back to Vic and NSW I reckon all we would see for it would be a new improved govt car fleet and and an increase in the limit on the bureaucrats corporate credit card limits. :o

You'll get no argument with me there, mate. :)

I think NSW and Vic have both become too politically correct, pandering to the minority groups and making sure they upset no one except the majority. :D