PDA

View Full Version : Australian Photography Magazine (October 2011)

Dylan & Marianne
29-09-2011, 7:36pm
Before Marianne was too laden with pregnancy and before little Charlotte popped into the world, we took every opportunity this year to further our landscape portfolio before taking a break for parenting.
We very happy to be offered this latest opportunity for cover art and a feature article in this month's Australian Photography Magazine.
The cover picture might look familiar to some here !
The article was about our 10 day trip to Tassie around Easter and its format is a little different to the usual in the magazine but the editor Robert Keeley was happy with this new style.
Let me know what you think of the article ! (Robert Keeley always comes up with the article title himself along with the introductory paragraph)
Here are some low res snaps :

Port willunga jetty

The 6 page article:

old dog
29-09-2011, 7:45pm
looks terrific to me Dylan. Congrats to you and Marianne.... well earned.

ricktas
29-09-2011, 7:47pm
WOW Dylan, you must be happy with that.

And AP members seem to be getting more and more exposure in the Australian Photogaphy (no relation) magazine

Well done

Dylan & Marianne
29-09-2011, 7:50pm
SUPER happy rick !- it definitely took away the blues from not being able to go out shooting in the crazy weather we're having now lol
thanks graeme :)

Xenedis
29-09-2011, 7:54pm
A big congrats, Dylan.

My copy came in the mail tonight, and I immediately recognised the cover image as yours.

I haven't had time to go through the magazine yet, but when I looked at the contents page I recognised another Dylan-esque image and flicked to the article to see that it indeed was yours and Marianne's.

It looks like AP members are making regular appearances in the magazine at the moment. I have an article coming up in November's issue, so I suppose we'll see you again in December's issue. :-)

Again, very well done. It's always rewarding to have something you've created appear in a magazine of that calibre.

Dylan & Marianne
29-09-2011, 8:01pm
Thanks John - looking forward to reading your magazine article too :)
I doubt anything from us will be turning up in December - things are on ice for a bit lol - unless something weddingish turns up which we would not be in the right ballpark for :P

geoffsta
29-09-2011, 8:02pm
You know my thoughts Dylan & Marianne. Congrats
Oh well.... Charlotte's first reader. :D

Dylan & Marianne
29-09-2011, 8:06pm
hehee thanks again geoff !

Xenedis
29-09-2011, 8:28pm
Thanks John - looking forward to reading your magazine article too :)

I look forward to reading yours. It'll probably be some time next week though. Very busy weekend.

When I do read it, I'll probably have recollections of the writing process, remembering how difficult it is and how words are not in plentiful supply!

I doubt anything from us will be turning up in December - things are on ice for a bit

I hear you there. I haven't even been shooting lately.

FallingHorse
29-09-2011, 8:34pm
Congrats Dylan & Marianne - looks awesom, can't wait till my copy comes in the post

Dylan & Marianne
29-09-2011, 8:59pm
Thanks Jodie ! good tips from Robert Keeley himself too in the edition

Chinook
29-09-2011, 9:25pm
What a real buzz this must have been a huge thrill for sure. Congratulations and I love your photographs and will get the magazine now to.:th3:

Dylan & Marianne
29-09-2011, 9:29pm
thanks chinook :) glad to have sold a copy !

cadman
29-09-2011, 10:01pm
Well done Dylan. I have been a lover of your photos ever since I joined the forum. I will definitely be getting the mag to check out the article. Maybe your next photos that appear in a magazine will be of Charlotte :D

Mary Anne
29-09-2011, 10:27pm
Congratulations.. Still waiting for my copy to come too, maybe tomorrow :confused013

rookie
30-09-2011, 4:57am
Congratulations on a very well ernt achievement

Dylan & Marianne
30-09-2011, 6:01am
Thanks again all :) Charlotte probably won't be making an appearance unless as part of 'foreground interest' a little later on hehee

macmich
30-09-2011, 9:59am
congrats for the good work
one can only dream
cheers macca

Lance B
30-09-2011, 11:27am
Fantastic achievemnent and a hearty congratulations. Very well deserved, my friend!! :th3::th3:

Paul G
30-09-2011, 11:52am
Well done John, Dylan and Marianne. I need to get to the newsagent.

Cliff
30-09-2011, 12:35pm
Congratulations Dylan and Marianne. I'm looking forward to reading the article when the mail contractor eventually delivers my copy of the mag. I just looked in the letterbox - not here yet - one of the problems of living in the country

ksolomon
30-09-2011, 3:14pm
Congratulations Dylan and Marianne. I am also looking forward to receiving my copy in the mail, generally speaking mine arrives about a week after it hits the newsagency.

Bennymiata
30-09-2011, 3:18pm
A winner in the Scala competiton, and an even bigger winner here!

Good on you Dylan, and I'm sure that many of us on here, including me, are very envious of your skills.

geoffsta
30-09-2011, 3:58pm
You know what I really enjoyed about Dylans article. It didn't have a thousand words of useless information.
Most magazines tell the reader more about the TOG, and how good they are, than explaining how he took the image.
Dylan's article gave 4 key ingredients for us amateur to learn how to improve our images.
1. Location, time of day and effort needed to get to the location.
2. Planning and preparation.
3. Camera settings, filters used and other equipment required.
4. Post production.
I hope the magazine takes this information in, and get other great TOGs like Dylan to do the same when writing an article.
Again Dylan. Top stuff. :th3:

Ms Monny
30-09-2011, 4:13pm
Woo Hoo!! Congrats! Can't wait to read it ONCE I get it in my mail! ....waiting, waiting, waiting..... :D

Dink
30-09-2011, 7:20pm
Congrats Dylan, I will have to get a subscription and a back order on this mag as it so hard to get out here..

Dylan & Marianne
30-09-2011, 7:35pm
Thanks everyone! I hope the magazine reaches you safely - we still haven't got ours from the magazine itself yet - it usually comes a little battered and bruised!
Geoff - I'm really glad you liked the format - we tried to keep it barebones to keep to the word limit of the article ; I think we're getting used to it too - this one only came back to us once for revisions!

occifer nick
05-10-2011, 3:47pm
Congrats mate, I just walked into the newsagent and saw the front cover and knew straight away that it was one of yours, Awesome :th3:
I havent been able to get on here that often due to being busy with work etc and havent had a chance to take the camera out so I feel your pain haha
Hopefully Nat and I can get out this weekend somewhere with the cameras if this crappy weather "bleep" off!
Well done ;)