PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Waterfalls

brentonf
24-09-2011, 4:38pm
Hello All,

Just wondering if you could give me the names and locations of any decent waterfalls in the Brisbane and surrounding regions.

Thanks, Brenton

Joe
24-09-2011, 8:42pm
For my money I think O’Reilly’s situated in the Lamington National Park has some of the best waterfalls for photographing along with a diverse range of photographic rainforest, bush land, fungi, flowers and wildlife. Well worth a long full day or even a weekend away in the mountains behind the Gold Coast.

yummymummy
24-09-2011, 10:04pm
Queen Mary Falls, out on the other side of the range near Killarney are pretty awesome too!! Curtis falls at mt tamborine, ummm there are more but I can't think of them right now lol

dieselpower
26-09-2011, 5:34pm
Kondalilla Falls at Montville, Mapleton Falls, Serenity Falls at Buderim - just a couple on the Sunshine Coast. Kondalilla is probably the pick of them but you'll need some degree of fitness as it's a fair hike to the bottom :)

Mary Anne
26-09-2011, 11:09pm
Curtis Falls at Tambourine National Park..

Its been dry for a while so maybe the waterfalls are not flowing like they would be in the Wet season

gordon_l34
29-10-2011, 9:29pm
Hi,

Purlingbrook Falls at Springbrook is interesting and also Natural Arch is well worth a look.

Regards.

roastman
03-12-2011, 2:09pm
I have lived in Brisbane for over 17 years now and only knew of one of these waterfalls. Having only just joined this group, I think I am going to enjoy the fantastic resource it offers. I look forward to visiting all of these waterfalls for pics over the coming weeks!

calloyd
07-12-2011, 1:16pm
I second Natural Arch and Purlingbrook Falls at Springbrook. If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I was there) there's also a circular walk at Springbrook starting at Canyon Lookout which incorporates several waterfalls along it's path. One (can't remember which one) you actually walk behind the falls, it's quite a long walk though. If you check the www.derm.qld.gov.au you can access a list of National Parks around Brisbane and QLD with a brief description and walking maps showing waterfalls.

There's also a waterfall at Buderim Forest Park, think its the Serenity Falls mentioned by Dieselpower, although when I was there it hadn't rained for some time so there wasn't lots of water running www.buderim.com/forest.htm. I've seen some nice photos of them when they're running.

Top of my "to do" list of waterfalls is Elabana Falls from O'Reilly's - I've seen some lovely photos of them.

Raining today, so they might be starting to run (or fall ;)) soon.

Have fun!

RMPhoto
18-05-2012, 8:50pm
As has been mentioned - Kondalilla Falls NP is a great resource. It actually contains a sequence of 3 Waterfalls, split about 1 km apart. Its a bit of a walk, so try to be as economical as possible Re: Equipment. The First water fall is quite good in that you actually walk across the front of it, allowing quite good shots with smallish gear, eg. 28mm. The second actually drops onto a Waterhole Pool kind of area, and then the third is about a 60m drop to the bottom. The track to the bottom one can be a bit dodgy and if its been wet/stormy is often closed, but well worth the couple of hours trek round trip. To get a good shot of the bottom one you have to get your feet a little wet or do some rock scrambling but it can be a good pay off. I have visited during both Drought and Rain Season and it seems to run pretty solid in most weather.

I am only new to this forum so haven't quite worked out the whole image uploading thing, otherwise I would pop in some pics of the 3 of them.

Cheers,

Ross...

Fredo
29-05-2012, 12:04pm
Natural Arch and Curtis falls are easily accesible too.

lenscap
07-06-2012, 7:36pm
Easy to access waterfall at Buderim Forest Park on the Sunshine coast.

dacar
05-07-2012, 7:07pm
There is this little falls behind the Bornhoffen PCYC just down the road from the natural arch NP: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidcarroll/7271262676/in/photostream

rossco
06-08-2012, 7:31pm
my backyard after about 3 inches of rain, followed by a tranquil flow through the garage, gotta get that fixed

crazymorton
23-10-2012, 9:04pm
Kondalilla Falls at Montville, Mapleton Falls, Serenity Falls at Buderim - just a couple on the Sunshine Coast. Kondalilla is probably the pick of them but you'll need some degree of fitness as it's a fair hike to the bottom :)

Second Kondalilla, very nice place http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/things-to-see-and-do/kondalilla-falls-circuit/index.cfm

knumbnutz
24-10-2012, 2:12pm
http://www.australiaforeveryone.com.au/places_seqld_falls.htm

Good site with some nice info